Vectra, water in boot. - pastyman
I have a 2000 model Vectra and i keep getting water in the near side of the boot space, the carpet lining on the floor is soaked and the carpet to the side is soaked at the bottom. I have removed the boot floor liner to dry out. On the nearside of the boot floor there is a plastic plug, i thought this was leaking, i sealed all around with silicone. Driving a day later in the wet and the nearside of my boot floor is swimming again, the boot seal has no damage at all and is sound.
Has anyone got any ideas where the water could be getting in my car ?

Pastyman......
Vectra, water in boot. - billy25
although i don't know what a vectra boot looks like inside! as it's a vauhall, it may have the same system as my old senator had. in the boot lid channel there were two small drain holes that were connected to the top of the rear wheel arch via a plastic pipe, this ran behind the side carpeting of the boot, and i often used to knock mine off at the wheel-arch end by putting things in the boot.

billy
Vectra, water in boot. - Dynamic Dave
Has it a sunroof? If so, check pipework that leads to the boot floor - the pipe(s) may have become detached from the fittings in the floor.
Vectra, water in boot. - AR-CoolC
It could be the rear quarter glass, although they look like they are bonded into place, they are actually bolted.
It has been know for water to come in past the glass, if you are that way inclined remove the inner trim which is held in place by torx screws and put the hose on the window to see if a leak can be seen.

This is a lot easier with two people :-)
(Glass-Tech)
Vectra, water in boot. - ndbw
I had the same problem,it was cured by sealing the cables which carry number plate lights,heated rear screen,and rear wiper motor feeds.You will find it exits from the car in the channel around the tail gate so is outside the tailgate seal,clear silicon should cure it.

ndbw
Vectra, water in boot. - 9000
could also be a leaking light cluster gasket
Vectra, water in boot. - wemyss
There wa a thread on this quite a while ago but I couldnt find it. The most common reason if I remember correctly was the hatch windscreen wiper where it passes through the body.
I had a wet patch in the boot near the rear light cluster.
Took many hours to find using a hosepipe and finally found it to be a pinhole on the roof where the rubber type strips are at the very end near the boot. How water found its way to where it actually showed was remarkable. Removing the side trim in the boot and using a torch finally gave the clue.
Vectra, water in boot. - Rigger
I am really interested to know whether you\'ve managed to solve the problem since this was raised. I\'ve just found this site and have been trying to solve a leak in the same place on a Vectra hatch (same year)for several weeks now. The source is definately \"around\" the seal adjacent to the light cluster (or lower)but every effort to solve by applying sealant around, and inside, the seal itself has been frustrated. Other than concluding that my car is defying the laws of physics I have vowed to give it one more weekend before booking it in somewhere. Here\'s hoping you\'ve found a way for me to escape this torment.......
Vectra, water in boot. - pastyman
Hi Rigger,

You'll see that the carpet on the nearside is soaking and the carpet lining around the rear nearside wheel arch is soaking about an inch from the boot floor, i have found out what the problem is on my vectra and its nothing at all to do with the nearside light cluster seal. Its actually the quarter light glass seal that was leaking, but where the water was gradually seeping down it gave the appearance of coming in via the light cluster.
Heres your fix, take out boot carpet for a few days to dry out fully. Get a T20 torx driver and remove the self tapping screws that hold the trim piece which contains the boot light fitting, unclip the connector for said light, next remove the trim which is on the sloping part of the boot, one screw is hidden under a plastic cap and undo seat belt mounting bolt with a 21mm socket.
This trim should now lift out, under this trim is a strip of sound deadening material, if wet, dry with a hair dryer or similar. Your now now left with a piece of glass which you can now unbolt with a 9mm six point socket, it must be six pointed as the nuts are made of plastic and will round very easily, remove the top five nuts leaving the bottom two at the ends of the threads, this stops the glass from sliding out at the bottom and smashing. Carefully remove glass and clean the seal along with same area on the body where the glass seal would sit, also drying any water or moisture away at the same time. When this is done apply a bead of clear silicone sealant to the outer face of the seal and gently push the glass back into place.
Do all the nuts back up, don't go mad when doing this or you will break the glass or the plastic the studs are bonded onto, a screw driver with a socket bit is ideal for this, refix the plastic, noting where any lips are tucked under rubber seals.
This should solve your problem, time taken 1hr tops.
You could also try the rubber gator between the hatch and the bodywork, a bit of silicone at the ends wont hurt as its not unknown for these to leak as well.

Pastyman.
Vectra, water in boot. - dave.mckiernan

Hi. I had exactly the same issue, but with both quarter light windows.

It's worth noting that just siliconing them back in place may not be enough to seal them in all cases. On mine, some of the studs,along with their rubber bonding compound had become detached from from the glass. I was able to repair this by pushing Araldite Rapid underneath the stud's rubber compond, onto the glass and then applying pressure to them. Two hours later I put the glass in using your method (with silicone) and it seems to have done the trick!

Thanks.

Vectra, water in boot. - piston power

Im sure he fixed it back in 2004 and it's scraped now.