Pug 309 Water Pump=Engine Out? - Jazzmag
Hello Knowledgable Ones,

Got a slow water leak coming from the vicinity of the water pump on my 309GLD (XUD9 engine). I\'m guessing that this will be an engine out job in order to access it, as my well thumbed Haynes manual doesn\'t list it as a job you can do with the engine in.

Anyone actually done one in-situ all is it all too much faff and much better to lift the lump out?

Thanks in advance.
Pug 309 Water Pump=Engine Out? - AN Other
I had the water pump replaced 2 years ago on my Peugeot 205 GLD (1990) - same engine, I would think. Definitely NOT an engine out job, you'll be glad to know. It is, however, according to my mechanic, a right pink fluffy dice to do. You need a lift, ideally, as you'll be working under the car. I think it cost me about £120 including parts and labour at £25 ph to have done. Worth every penny...
Thanks, AN.

I'm certainly of the 'have a go myself' type on such a *simple* engine! I managed to change drive shafts & cambelt myself, so I won't be defeated by a little 'ol water pump!
Pug 309 Water Pump=Engine Out? - AN Other
Good luck!! Access to some of the bolts is pretty swinish, I think. From memory, my mechanic reckoned it was getting on for 1/2 a day's work, and he tends to be pretty honest about these things...
Pug 309 Water Pump=Engine Out? - pullgees
This is exactly the same job I'm considering doing myself on my Pug 309GLD. I've got the Haynes Peugeot Diesel Engine manual and it rates the job a three spanner symbol out of five. The job can be done in situ and if you have done timing belts you can do this job. Almost the same procedure as changing the timing belt in fact if your belt is due for renewal in the next 10000 miles you might as well fit a new one. The main problem will be room to manipulate the tools and your hands between the wheel arches and the water pump. Please post and let me know how you got on.

Hi Pullgees. If I can get a new pump and it's not too cold (or chucking it down) then I'll have a go this weekend. No luxury of a garage for me! Builds character, as my old man used to say. But then he died of pneumonia.

Only joking!
Pug 309 Water Pump=Engine Out? - pienmash
water pump on that motor is no way a half day job,,took me 2 hours.
Pug 309 Water Pump=Engine Out? - DL
Yeah! I was gonna say....3hrs tops.
--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn - Pictures say a thousand words..... Reply | Report as offensive | Link