Pug 106 Vacuum - Peter D
Does anyone know to to disconnect the quick fittings used to connect the vacuum pipe from the inlet manifold to the PCV valve that is mounted to the rear of the cam cover breather. I\'ve tried all sort of trick put I just fail to disconnect the joint. There are two slots that may use a special tool but trying a couple of blades into these does not release the connector. Any help appreciated here. Regards Peter
Pug 106 Vacuum - SjB {P}
I just turned to Haynes for you.

What a great help that was: \"Remove the retaining clips (where fitted)\"

Sorry, I tried.... :-(

Pug 106 Vacuum - dieselhead
Peter..What I think I did was use a pair of \'pincers\' (type used to crimp O ring hose fittings) to compress the clamp , then use a small flat bladed screwdriver to lever the locating fingers sideways. It wont move sideways untils it\'s compressed couple of mm. Maybe a pair of water pump pliers across the clamp would also work. Helps if you have two pairs of hands.
No doubt there is a specil tool for doing these and the clip on the EGR pipe which is even more of a pain to get off. hope this is of some use.
Pug 106 Vacuum - Peter D
Thanks guys but that is not the fitting I am referring to, I have the tool for those. This is the snap on connection for the small bore 6mm vacuum pipe for from the centre of the manifold to the EGR/PCV valve. These are free to rotate but just do not come off. At one side of the fiting there arwe two small slots which I assume are some sort of release but all attempts have failed. Any ideas welcome. Regards Peter
Pug 106 Vacuum - Ben79
Squeeze the buttons on the fixings. Some of them are yellow, some black.
Pug 106 Vacuum - Peter D
SeFive I\'ve sent you a couple of Photo\'s via email to identify the coupling. Thanks Peter
Pug 106 Vacuum - Peter D
Hi, During a 72K service on my daughters Pug 106 TA1 engine I attempted to remove the vacuum pipe from the centre of the inlet manifold that connects to the Breather PCV valve. This semi ridged pipe has some sort of quick release snap on type connections which I was unable to release, pushing, pulling, squeezing, twisting, I could not sus how these little pink fluffy dice release so anyone out there with the knack would be appreciated, I have photo?s of the offending item which I can e-mail to you if you require. Thanks guys. Regards Peter
Pug 106 Vacuum - SjB {P}
If you fail to get the info you need, I wonder if the most expedient solution is to purchase a double ended male vacuum pipe connector from a motor factors, and simply cut the pipe in the most suitable place. You can then rejoin with the new connector, and easily remove again in the future?
Pug 106 Vacuum - Peter D
Still can not get these fitting off. Goto
3DAssociates.Instantlogic.com to view the Car PArts Pictures Album so you can identify the parts I am having problems with. Thanks Peter Enjoy the other photos whilst you are there. !!
Pug 106 Vacuum - DL
I'm not sure which clip in the pic you mean, Peter?
--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn - Pictures say a thousand words..... Reply | Report as offensive | Link
Pug 106 Vacuum - Peter D
DL Hi, it is the black fittingis straight down under the Breather valve, and the same fitting in the other photo where it plugs onto the Inlet manifold. Thanks for looking. Regards Peter
Pug 106 Vacuum - DL
Nope, no idea Peter...sorry.

I notice the pictures have gone?
--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn - Pictures say a thousand words..... Reply | Report as offensive | Link
Pug 106 Quick Connector - Peter D
Quick fit Pug connectors To remove the connectors used on vacuum and fuel pipes on Pug 106 Look 2’s, you need to spray them with WD40 then squeeze the single black button which is part of the more rounded end of the connector and where used it is the side away from the 90 degree elbow. Later models and 206 series on use two coloured buttons are much clearer to see.