Insurance for 17 year old Provisional - BobbyG
My sister has herself and husband insured on 03 C£ Diesel for approx £200 through Directline. 17 year old son has just got his provisional and they want an extra £600 to include him.

Anyone got experience of who is the best insurer that they could turn to?
Insurance for 17 year old Provisional - DavidHM
You don't want me to say that it sounds quite reasonable, do you?

Erm... usual suspects really. Budget, Tesco (who really are Direct Line rebranded), CIS's any driver policies are rather good too.
Insurance for 17 year old Provisional - NowWheels
You don't want me to say that it sounds quite reasonable,
do you?
Erm... usual suspects really. Budget, Tesco (who really are Direct Line
rebranded), CIS's any driver policies are rather good too.

My CIS "any driver" policies all said "any driver over 25 ..."

I didn't drive until I was 26, so I never checked whether they will do "any driver" deals involving those under 25 ... but the ones I had were great value.

[climb on hobyhorse] It amazes me that so mnay people accept policies which would not allow them to hand over the wheel to someone else if they are tired. It has always seemed to me to be an important safety matter, and I'm inclined to think that other insurers are being a bit short-sighted in refusing "any driver" cover, or offering it only at exorbitant prices. [dismount hobbyhorse ]

Claire
Insurance for 17 year old Provisional - StuW
Best trying CIS, they covered me when i was 17 and on a provisional licence. If i remember correctly you can any driver including those under 25. CIS seemed pretty cheap can't remember how much it was to have me on the insurance but definately was no where near £600 extra i as we wouldn't have been able to afford that in our family.
Insurance for 17 year old Provisional - DavidHM
Well my mum (52, 31 years driving, 20 years NCD, with CIS since the dawn of time) is paying about £400 for an 'any driver' policy on a 1.6 52 plate Focus, including my 22 year old sister.
Insurance for 17 year old Provisional - Hawesy1982
Try elephant.co.uk aswell
Insurance for 17 year old Provisional - cybersmile

Probably a bit late but there is a forum full of drivers aged 17 to 24 discussing how to get insurance prices down, and they are comparing quote with each other.

www.1724insurance.com