Heated screen radio interference. Mondeo - ajsdoc
I have recently noticed that when using the heated rear screen on my 1998 Mondeo that I get radio interference. Any ideas on how to solve this - if difficult/expensive I would probably not bother as it doesn\'t annoy me that much.

All help appreciated,

Thanks,

Andy.
Heated screen radio interference. Mondeo - Oz
In the days when radios weren\'t standard and had to be retro-fitted, I seem to remember that a capacitor was always fitted somewhere in the ignition circuit in order to prevent radio interference from the ignition coil. Don\'t know if the solution may lie along these lines.
Oz (as was)
Heated screen radio interference. Mondeo - elekie&a/c doctor
It is possible that you have one or more hairline fractures on the heating elements,so when the hrw is switched on,current arcs across the gap causing interference thro radio.If this is the case,then the only real cure is a new glass.(although there are some repair \"paints\" available)

Heated screen radio interference. Mondeo - ajsdoc
Interesting you should say that, I do have one \"strip\" of the element that isn\'t working. Will not replace the screen (not worth the hassle/money) but may try the cheaper cure.

Andy.
Heated screen radio interference. Mondeo - Dynamic Dave
Try connecting a fairly substantial lead from the chassis (bulkhead will do) to the radio to provide additional earthing to the radio.
Heated screen radio interference. Mondeo - kithmo
Check the earth connections to the boot/hatch.