BMW 330CI Sport or X-Type 3.0 Sport - Buzz
Hi there, I\'m new to this site and have a question. I now want to buy either one of the above. I\'m particularly keen on the BM as it\'s rear wheel drive, coupe body, holds it\'s value well and is a real driver\'s car. The Jag is not as pretty, has too much Mondeo in it but is much cheaper. I\'m looking at buying a 2002 model with a manual gearbox. Has anyone driven / owned both models and or can give me some advice?

Thanks Buzz
BMW 330CI Sport or X-Type 3.0 Sport - Dude - {P}
If you are thinking of running costs and retained value, it really has to be the 330Ci sport.

My son runs one, and at a motorway cruise of 80 mph, he is getting 33 m.p.g., which is excellent for a 3 litre car with 0 - 60 mph time of 6.5 secs. IMHO it is obviously a young person`s car, as the ride on 18" low profiles, is far too hard for a wrinkly like myself.

A friend is running a brand new 2.5 V6 Jaguar X type and is not impressed at all by the fuel economy of only 23 mpg, so much so that he is now looking to sell it, but will have to take a hefty loss in depreciation after only 9 months. The ride comfort on the Jag however is vastly superior to the Beemer.