Peugeot 106 not Starting - Peter D
HI, Peugeot 98 Look2 1.1 Does any know the resistance of the fly wheel sensor. On occassions the car fails to start but does not flood, then after a few mins bursts into life. Seems to only happen when engine is faily warm after stopping for 30 mins or so. Once it has fired back up runs perfectly. Regards Peter.
Check whole system over today and found nothing wrong. Measured sensor at 414 ohms 9 Good Digi )This was at )degrees C because that is what it is out there. Anyone know what the resistance should be. P.S tHIS IS A Bosch Monotronic and ECU system. Thanks Peter
Peugeot 106 not Starting - solara
I dont think measuring the resistance of the hall-effect sensor is a good test. Ideally you want to see the signal on an oscilloscope.
This is because the hall effect sensor is a semiconductor device which generates a pulse when it cuts a magnetic field.
Solara, Done that and have clean signal and even at 6db attenuation the ECU is happy thus I have gone the resistance route as heat may be a factor. Many Sensors of this type quote resistance thus the question. Regards Peter
Peugeot 106 not Starting - Civic8
Sounds like fuel starvation?
Peugeot 106 not Starting - David G.I.Davies
You may have a problem(intermittent) with the ignition key reader coil which is basically a plastic sleeve design which slips over the ignition lock barrel.Quite a common problem and very easy for you or your dealer to renew.
David, Yes that fits the bill as the problem only happens when starting and it never cuts out. Do you know of a way of indication that the immobiliser has kicked in without getting into the wiring. Regards Peter
Peugeot 106 not Starting - David G.I.Davies
AFAIK you need a scanner to check this and it would need to be hooked up at the moment the fault occurred.Best thing,I'd say,is to renew the reader coil to eliminate it.