What puts SWMBO off car - hillman
I had the idea to have a Subaru Justy when we could afford to run two cars. We had been impressed by how Justys dealt with the conditions in Switzerland. When we went to the dealer SWMBO was quite pleased with the car up until she finally closed the drivers door. That was the big turnoff. When I asked her why afterwards, she said that it closed with a 'Ding', instead of a thump.

Some years ago - a considerable number - I read of a case where a husband was buying his wife her first car for her use only. The salesman put on his best delivery, proposing a top of the range model as befitted husbands obvious affluence. The sales pitch was almost done when wife walked around the back for a last look. Her expression changed, and she turned on her heel, leaving the premises with husband trotting blankly behind. The only thing the sales staff could imagine was the XL badge above the back bumper. She was a rather mature lady.
What puts SWMBO off car - smokie
Mrs Smokie does not have very sophisticated tastes when it comes to cars, and no technical knowledge to boot (OK, I have only very little more of that...!)

Her choice of car is solely dependent on how "happy" the car looks from the front (headlamps = eyes etc), and what shades it is available in.

We were close to a Punto earlier this year but the metallic green clashed too strongly with the blue interior for her. The Focus we eventually bought had tp be either that light green or mid metallic blue. No other would go as well for her...
What puts SWMBO off car - Pugugly {P}
One thing our Disco was very good at - a very satisfying thud. MINI is OK. SWMBO benchmarks a car by this quality or lack of it.
What puts SWMBO off car - PoloGirl
Yes yes yes!! I am noone's SWMBO (waiting patiently for Richard Hammond) but I agree totally with this...

Cars must have happy faces and pretty back ends, no nastly plasticky switches or tacky plastic wood inlays inside... and above all, everything must close with a VW style thud.

What puts SWMBO off car - No Do$h
Yes yes yes!! I am noone's SWMBO (waiting patiently for Richard
Hammond)

Your name isn't Stuart, is it?

Cars must have happy faces and pretty back ends, no nastly
plasticky switches or tacky plastic wood inlays inside... and above all,
everything must close with a VW style thud.

Isn't that more of a crunch? Oh, you mean the door, not the sound of impacting lorry....

;o)
What puts SWMBO off car - SpamCan61 {P}
I'm surprised manufacturers haven't caught on to this door 'clunk' business; and added software to the audio system so that when a door is closed the appropriate door speaker emits a suitable 'clunk'. It could then be programmed so that the base model has a different 'clunk' to the executive model....;-))

Sorry...off to sit in a dark room now.....
What puts SWMBO off car - Thommo
Rumour has it that the Ford Edsel was a major failure because the grille looked like a set of female genitals and women would not even sit in one let alone buy one...
What puts SWMBO off car - PoloGirl
>> Yes yes yes!! I am noone's SWMBO (waiting patiently for
Richard
>> Hammond)
Your name isn't Stuart, is it?

No...although I was rushing to check the bank account when they started talking about auctioning off a night out with lovely Richard on last night's Top Gear. Only he can make a shirt *that bad* look *that good*!

What puts SWMBO off car - hillman
Polo Girl.

There was an irritating advertisment on TV depicting a chap going around banging doors. Are you referring to that?

My own SWMBO has a marvelous eye for detail, and it has served us well in the past, e.g., "Not that one, look at the reflection in the door panel. It has been panel beaten."
What puts SWMBO off car - BobbyG
My SWMBO picked a 28 inch JVC widescreen tv purely on the vasis that she liked the remote control!

Aargh!!!
What puts SWMBO off car - Pugugly {P}
My Springer has taken a fancy to Hammond's poodle. Springer wouldn't let SWMBO into the Landie today. Now that is an awkward dog. It allowed her to drive the LR to the local Tesco but wouldn't let her back in. A frantic mobile call for me to attend to defuse the said Springer - excellent organic alarm. Unfortunately more difficult to unset than an electronic one. As previously posted the dog has taken to living in the Landie.