Fiat Brava Turbo gone missing - Jez
Hi,

I have bought a four year old Fiat Brava 1.9 Turbo Diesel. It has very poor acceleration on the motorway so I'm thinking the turbo isn't working. Can anyone sufggest how I can start to track down this problem before a garage takes me for an expensive ride. If it is the turbo what is likely to be the problem? And how much could it cost to put right?

Thanks for any advice,

jez

Fiat Brava Turbo gone missing - autumnboy
First you should carryout a few checks, its unlikely to be the turbo, depending on your mileage also if you had no signs of oil smoke when hot or cold and you are not using any excess oil.

Check all your hoses and pipes between the turbo and inlet manifold to make sure non have parted or have a hole, also the manifold to cylinder head to ensuse its not loose causing you to loose any pressure when on boost.

This applies to any vehicle with a turbo, petrol or diesel.

Autumnboy
Many Thanks for your suggestions Autumnboy.
Fiat Brava Turbo gone missing - DL
Boost hoses that have become oily are a favourite to blow or split - causing a loss of boost pressure, therefore feel as flat as flatulence
--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn/problems.msnw?Page=1 - Pictures say a thousand words.....
Fiat Brava Turbo gone missing - autumnboy
Jez

Have you had any luck with your missing Turbo.

Autumnlad
Pleased to report that the Turbo has now been found and the car is much more responsive at high speed. Problem was down to a leaking pipe!

Thanks for all the advice.

Jez.
Fiat Brava Turbo gone missing - david44

hi i just brought a fiat brava 1.9jtd full sh came with it 51 reg . i noticed it has no accelaration on the motorway . top speed is only 70mph . someone told me it could be the mas sencor any idear thanks

Fiat Brava Turbo gone missing - david44

hi i just brought a 51 reg fiat brava and mine did the same think when going down the motorway 70 mph flat out i put a new mass air flow sence on and it cured the promble shop round on ebay i paid 28 pounds for new one other place want 60 to 100 pounds hope this helps