Night Before deicer - mikem004
I saw some "Night Before" deicer on sale in Halfords.
But couldn't you get the same effect by spraying some normal deicer on the windscreen the night before a sharp frost?
Or is there a "special ingredient" in NightBefore deicers?

Mike
Night Before deicer - borasport20
I saw some "Night Before" deicer on sale in Halfords.
But couldn't you get the same effect by spraying some normal
deicer on the windscreen the night before a sharp frost?

In the sense that neither keep the screen free of frost, yes !!

--
Bora - what Bora ?
Night Before deicer - pdc {P}
Well Halfords night before de-icer works for me!
Night Before deicer - Graham
Well that's fine for you, but what about the car?
Night Before deicer - zedzedeleven
someone mentioned putting a hot water bottle on the dash then having breakfast while it warms up the screen. How long do you think it would stay warm enough to keep things above freezing? i was thinking in terms of putting it in place at bedtime.Mebbe some sort of second generation hot water bottle fabricated from space age material may last long enough?
Night Before deicer - Dynamic Dave
Well Halfords night before de-icer works for me!

The garage I park in at night works for me!
Night Before deicer - clariman
Could be a waste. How do you know the car will be iced up the next morning?

Some mornings when you expect ice, there is none. And vice versa.

No problem if the product is cheap enough I guess!!
Night Before deicer - Bromptonaut
Work in different ways. Standard stuff contains a voltile alcohol that lowers the freeze point, turning the ice back to liquid. Effect fairly short term, and washed off by drizzle. Night before is more viscous and not volatile. Ice forms but the product stops it adhering to the screen, squegee off mix of ice and product and away you go.

If as Clariman says the predicted freeze fails then you are left with a greasy screen that takes some effort to clear, particularly on side windows where it impregnates the rubbers and makes worse smears.
Night Before deicer - Roger Jones
Aside from chemical measures, I didn't realize what a well designed ice scraper was until I used the one that comes with the M-B Winter Kit pack. The pack costs about £18; not quite worth it for the scraper alone, but money well spent anyway (and it also contains a hand-warmer gel sachet). I've given packs as Xmas gifts and every recipient has remarked on the ease and pleasure of using the scraper.
Night Before deicer - Graham
Liberally sprinkle the car with salt on the night before.

Won't cost much as the cellers can be pocketed from the staff canteen.
Night Before deicer - Sooty Tailpipes
`i judt leave a 4-pint plastic milk bottle filled with water on the cloakroom radiator the night before, and in the morning, it's warm, and I pour it over all frosted glass, and go. Raises the glass temp that critical few degrees.
Night Before deicer - Doc
A black bin-liner on the windscreen works for me on the rare occasions when the car is not put in the garage.
It is re-usable and eco-friendly, and can even be used for storage!