focus stalling - vexed
anyone else had problems with focus stalling, got a 1.4 y reg once or twice a week, when coasting to a halt it stalls, not just my awful driving cos it has done it ttwo 3 other drivers too!, any ideas, has just had its 10000 service and still doing it
cheers
vexed?
Re: focus stalling - PhiL P
Does it have a/c and if so is it switched on when this happens?

I had a 1.4 Fiesta with a/c and when using it, though it never stalled, the revs would drop very low before recovering when coming to a halt.
Re: focus stalling - Charles
I have just read a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) on this symptom for 1.8 & 2.0 Zetec Focus. It suggests that the Power Control Module may need recalibrating by your friendly Ford dealer using their "FDS2000" diagnostic equipment. However ther may be another cause which must be checked for first.

Hope this helps

Charles
Re: focus stalling - vexed
no ac, thanks for the ideas chaps, i'll go n kik some arse down the dealers, dumb bunch of yokelsCharles wrote:
>
> I have just read a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) on this
> symptom for 1.8 & 2.0 Zetec Focus. It suggests that the Power
> Control Module may need recalibrating by your friendly Ford
> dealer using their "FDS2000" diagnostic equipment. However
> ther may be another cause which must be checked for first.
>
> Hope this helps
>
> Charles
Re: focus stalling - Adam Going (Tune-Up Ltd)
Not an uncommon problem, and one that has come up here before. Before doing anything with the ECM the idles speed control valve should be removed and cleaned, and the throttle position sensor (TPS) output checked carefully. Sometimes, even with a new TPS, it is necessary to open out the fixing holes to give some rotational adjustment to achieve the correct output voltage. Don't have spec for output voltage to hand, but usually around 0.4volts.

Regards, Adam