HJ's letter page - P.Mason {P}
I look forward to reading HJ's letter page in the Motoring Telegraph, but find it mildly annoying to have a large, usually pointless photograph taking up three columns. (Today's picture of a horse's head, for example.) I'm sure that HJ must receive enough interesting mail to fill the page each week.
P.
HJ's letter page - matt35 {P}
P,
Be careful - you might get a horses head in your bed!
Matt35.

PS - the difference between the Mafia and the Russian Mafia?
Mafia put a horses head in your bed and make you an offer you can't refuse.
Russian Mafia put a horses **** in your bed and make you an offer you can't understand.
HJ's letter page - Clanger
I agree. Is it just to make the paper look less intimidating? More pictures, less type.

Hawkeye
-----------------------------
Stranger in a strange land
HJ's letter page - NitroBurner
Talking of the Telegraph's Motoring section, I'm sorry to see Jason Barlow's column is no longer with us, although James May is a fine replacement.
HJ's letter page - matt35 {P}
Hawkeye,
What's the betting that, when the Moderators get back from the pub, this thread gets binned?
Matt35.
HJ's letter page - frostbite
I think the subheadings in today's offering are particularly funny - I loved 'My little puny' !
HJ's letter page - DL
It's the first section I go for too.

Often spoilt by too many "How much/Where can I sell..." questions.

Haven't seen yesterday's copy yet, so I cannot comment.

I think a "From our Forums" feature* would be a cracking idea.

*As other magazines do

--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn - Pictures say a thousand words.....
HJ's letter page - El Hacko
Dly Teleg has some strange page design quirks - also on Personal Finance section, they sometimes use an enormous pic of an single external advisor qujoted in the article. Waste of space and doesn't (IMO) improve page look. As with HJ's great weekly feature (sob-sob, missing from my edition yesterday), I, too, would prefer more news items. Disagree with you, HJ - think readers would NOT be put off by less images. Still very readable, tho!

EH
HJ's letter page - No Do$h
Hawkeye,
What's the betting that, when the Moderators get back from the
pub, this thread gets binned?
Matt35.

What do you take us for? Smooth running of site with as few punch-ups as possible is fine, but we aren't the Stasi!

Nor can all of us afford to go to the pub at the moment......
HJ's letter page - Algernon
Oh?
HJ's letter page - No Do$h
I've got No Dosh.
HJ's letter page - DL
Thanks for the feedback HJ :-)

--
HJ's letter page - Manatee
Always turn first to HJ letters in Saturday's Torygraph and as I am obviously not alone he must be doing something right. Like DL above though I do find "what's it worth" and and "how do I go about selling" queries are almost always present and I cannot believe 90% of readers don't skip them. 1) they are of no interest unless there is some other point of interest e.g. it was John Lennon's Minimoke or something, and 2) why don't they just look it up somewhere?

Same goes for "what cars have rear head restraints" etc - hardly the kind of thing you need a national newspaper to help with.
HJ's letter page - DL
Totally agree with you Manatee - the 'interesting' problems we can all learn from are the ones I read - as with most, I skip over the "What's it worth etc etc" letters....they are of little (no) interest to 99% of us.

This is why I thought a 'snippet' from the (ours??) lively forums might have been a good idea. I am, however aware of the editorial nightmares that carries.......

Motoring Editor, please take note!

--
HJ's letter page - Pugugly {P}
At least whatever question is asked the answer is straight and honest unlike a certain other's broadsheet cheap imitation column.
HJ's letter page - DL
True......... ;-)

--
HJ's letter page - Manatee
Very fair comment PU - for any commercial publication to publish unfavourable (but true, and never sneering) comments as regularly as HJ does is very much the exception - but if it didn't, it wouldn't have a tenth of the following that it does.

HJ's letter page - jonesy127 {P}
Personally I loved the 'laughing horse' photo...fantastic! The subheadings for each question are great too; who writes them?