New Audi A6 woes - Aprilia
10 days ago a senior colleague took delivery of a brand new Audi A6 (paid for with his own money). On the day of collection it broke down with an electrical fault and had to be recovered to the dealer. So far it has spent 6 days in the workshops (he did have it back for 3 days, but it broke down again).
Its an electronic control fault but the technicians have not yet managed to narrow it down to one component. Oh dear!
New Audi A6 woes - CMark {P}
Land Rover aren't building Audis these days, are they???
New Audi A6 woes - peterb
A few years ago, a colleague qualified as an actuary and duly became eligible for his first company car.

He picked-up his shiny new Golf from a Central London dealer and started to drive it back to the office. Approaching Hyde PArk Corner, it broke-down in the outside lane.....
New Audi A6 woes - CM
If I were him I would refuse the car and demand another one that worked properly (sales of goods act etcetc)
New Audi A6 woes - Aprilia
I gather there is a problem with the CANbus (in-vehicle multiplexing). Another case of too much technology, I think. Sadly the dealerships don't yet recruit their technicians from places like Harvard and Cambridge.
New Audi A6 woes - Smartdealer
I'm surprised how independent garages can even begin to fault find some of the problems in todays cars. More a case of what software is running on the laptop than spanners!
New Audi A6 woes - madf
Pity the poor buyer when it's 10 years old!
madf
New Audi A6 woes - commerdriver
Couldn't agree more I cant see many of todays cars being around as classics in 25 years time despite bodies and engines which are light years ahead of anything made 25 years ago. The technology whether for gadgets or otherwise will just be too complex and expensive to be repairable economically.
New Audi A6 woes - GrumpyOldGit
Get this information to Watchdog, The Telegraph, Top Gear et al. Maybe then they'll stop trying to kill MG-Rover.
New Audi A6 woes - runboy
This mirrors my problems with an Audi A2. The first one the dealer eventually replaced only for the replacement to go wrong with different issues.

Guess Audi are not as good as they once were-but then do you get the feeling BMW, Merc, Toyota-all known in the past for quality, have slipped?
New Audi A6 woes - Sooty Tailpipes
I remember when the talking Austin Maestro came out people thought it was space age, and the garages were scared of them, even in the '80s cars with ECUs and trip computers were seen as being too complex to last a fmore than a few years, but there are still quite a few around.
New Audi A6 woes - hillman
I remember one day, a couple of years ago, when we had gridlock around Stockport. My neighbour, who worked as a mechanic near by at the tme, told me that it was caused by a brand new Audi A8, just out of the dealer, which had snapped a drive shaft as the driver gunned it to get into the traffic stream on the island over the motorway. It stopped in the middle of the carriageway: nothing could get by. The owner walked back to the dealer - only a couple of hundred yards away - and asked them to sort it. Of course, with the resulting grid-lock, they couldn't get the rescue truck to it for a considerable period. Pack of lies, I'm sure. Never let the truth get in the way of a good story.
New Audi A6 woes - Perturbed
This mirrors my problems with an Audi A2. The first one
the dealer eventually replaced only for the replacement to go wrong
with different issues.
Guess Audi are not as good as they once were-but then
do you get the feeling BMW, Merc, Toyota-all known in the
past for quality, have slipped?

I bought a new A3 a couple of years back and there were a catalogue of faults from new. There were also some major issues with the dealership as well!

I bought a new Toyota in March this year. Its been the only new car that I've never had back at the dealership for even minor corrections.