Oops is the word needed. - Ashley
Hi all,

On a lighter note this one.

As i work in an aircraft apprentice school with lots of young drivers, male and female, i posted up a list of speed camera locations in our local area. I hope it will slow them down a little. Some hope !

One lad was reading the lists and mentioned that he'd just been given 3 points. I asked why. " I got stopped on the M4 " he said. What, speeding were you, i asked. " No, going too slow ! ". Pardon i said. " Aye, patrol car stopped me". What car were you driving, i enquired. " 50cc moped with L plates " was his reply. " The coppers said i was lucky not to be banned, i only got my license last week ".

What excuse did you give, i asked. " I was lost and took a wrong turning and got confused ". Didn't work though, did it ? " No", was his answer.

He's gaining experience as he goes along, i guess.

Rgds,

Ash.
Re: Oops is the word needed. - Tom Shaw
The Brooke Street Roundabout at Brentwood in Essex has seen more than a few driving examiners terminate a candidates test half-way along the entry slip road onto the M25, after a nervous candidate has failed to follow the correct route.

The examiners then make their own way back to the test centre on foot, leaving the hapless and unsuccessful soul sitting on the slip road till their instructor comes to their rescue.
Re: Oops is the word needed. - Carl
Christ, they take learners onto Brook Street Roundout !!, hopefully not in the rush hour. When I passed my test at Brentwood, all you had to do was drive down the hill towards the railway station and then around a few housing estates !
Re: Oops is the word needed. - rococo
my test was going well, until i had to go down a BAD hill, it was very steep, had hairpin bends, and the council had just put down new gravel which was loose, i then had to go back up the hill, and do a hill start. complete nightmare.
Re: Oops is the word needed. - Tom Shaw
Not just Brooke Street, Carl. Horchurch has a route that takes in Gallows Corner. This happens about once every six months, when it is used for a few weeks and is then mysteriously dropped, presumably after an examiner or two has had the life frightened out of them on a test.

I know many experienced drivers who will go miles out of their way to avoid it, and I myself used to get a tightening of the stomach muscles if I had to approach it at certain times of the day. You need a grid start that would do Shumacher proud to get into the traffic flow.
Re: Oops is the word needed. - honest john
We all know who rococo is, of course.

HJ
Re: Oops is the word needed. - rococo
the hill is in blyth, its well known to alot of examiners.
Re: Oops is the word needed. - Chris
A hill in Blyth? It's at sea level. Surely you mean further in towards Wansbeck. They used to test buses on a road near there: if the chassis could get round "the hairpin bend" it could get round anything in the country. Oh, and if there's anywhere worse than Percy Main, it's Blyth. To paraphrase J.B. Priestly: It's a very good thing for the Cotswolds that coal was found in Northumberland.

Chris
Re: Oops is the word needed. - Andrew Bairsto
I thought it was whitley bay where !!!!!!! lived,I do not remember seeing any hills there only the hotel stairs.
Re: Oops is the word needed. - Chris
Blyth is a few miles up the coast. Apart from the landscaped spoil heaps, there are very few hills on that bit of coast coast. All this is making me nostalgic for childhood picnics in the fog on Blyth beach.

Chris
Re: Oops is the word needed. - Andrew Bairsto
I usse to to go to the dance in whitley bay on thurday nights and stop at a hotel on the front I think it was the Kings or royal I cannot quite remember ,it used to a buzzing little town once.
Keyboards - John Slaughter
Yes HJ, the lack of 'shift' and 'full stop' keys is a bit of a giveaway isn't it, never mind the IP address.

Regards

John