BMW 330d Estate for £12,800 - NARU
I have a BMW 330d estate, leased from Lex. Its due to go back in Sept 2004, but they're happy for me to buy it now (and I can opt out of my company car scheme).

It a Sep 2000 model on an X. Its done 77,000 miles, has a slight gearbox whine (which has been there for 20,000 miles and isn't getting much worse). On the positive side, it has electric/heated/sports seats, Multi CD, Sunroof and metallic paint.

I can either buy it now for £12,800 or wait until Sept - they thought it would be about £11,000 by then.

I don't do so many miles now - perhaps 12,000 a year.

What do people think? Is this a sensible buy? Now or future? Or am I buying something whose value will fall like a stone at 100,000 miles?
BMW 330d Estate for £12,800 - Mikek
Get gearbox fixed before you go any further.
Make sure to have turbo checked as well (Expensive fault)
With no leather or a/c (and depending on colour), moving this in the future will be difficult given the mileage.Also, is the history full BMW or is it LEX - The latter will also lower values.

If you know the full history and like the car, £12,800 seems ok.

Given your annual mileage, a 330d is an expensive company car tax liability. A budget of £12.8k will buy you a lot of newer alternatives (Mazda 6 estate / Audi A4 TDI / Passatt TDI for example)

Me personally ? Once all fixed, I'd be v.tempted to buy.

PS - Check out insurance. Business insurance can be expensive.
PPS - ( Why didnt you get gearbox fixed whilst under warranty ? )