stupid protection racket??? - chris watson
today i have had some geezer, that looked a bit like phil mitchell from eastenders, coming into my garage to say i must pay him and his 'friends', some money to keep me safe. he wants £1000 per WEEK???
Re: stupid protection racket??? - honest john
Yeah, yeah and it's gonna turn out that fat 'arry played by Michael Elphick raped Kat when she was a kid so Zoe who was going to go and work for 'arry in 'arrys bar in Minorca is actually Kat's daughter. Yeah, yeah, yeah. Let's have a better plot line.

HJ
Re: stupid protection racket??? - chris watson
i am not kidding, the area i live and work in is TERRIBLE, the local pub was smashed up because the new landlord would not allow the drug dealers to use the back rooms, like the previous landlord had allowed. i have seen people use the local allotments to use drugs, but the police dont seem to care. this is an area where you can buy a three bedroomed terrace house for £4500.
also if you do watch eastenders, you would know that zoe IS kats daughter, but nobody in the family has told zoe.
Re: stupid protection racket??? - Alvin Booth
Chris,
This sounds serious.....
Ask him if he would take the lada instead of the grand he wants.
Would give him a good get away car.
Or even the blueprints for the wind generated motor.

Alvin
Don't tell me you live in Tow Law, Chris?

HJ
percy main, near north shields, famous for the riots of the 1990's.
Re: Revenge - Mark
No it can't be....

Surely not, no they are all too reasonable.....

Just an outside chance Chris, are you sure its not one of the more frustrated contributors to this site playing a prank....

why don't you "wind them" up and see

as ever

Mark
Re: Revenge - chris watson
what if i 'wind them up' and its not a prank, i dont want my legs broken.
Safe house. - David Woollard
Run home and hide behind Fern, I'm sure you'll be safe there.

David
Re: Revenge - Mark
Chris

sometimes in life you just have to take a chance.

as ever

Mark
Re: Safe house. - Vin
Chris,

What colour is the sky on your planet?

Vin
Re: Safe house. - Sandy
Time they brought back the old asylums rather than having the poor confused people roaming the streets!
Re: stupid protection racket??? - Darcy Kitchin
Chris
Seeing as how you're 6' 6" and got loads of mates, I look forward to hearing that you've told this guy to take a walk.
Re: stupid protection racket??? - Chris
Well, I know Percy Main. It's about as abject a picture of urban neglect and degradation as it's possible to have. When I lived in Newcastle it was one of the (several) places I would never go. £4500 for a house sounds high to me.

Chris
Re: stupid protection racket??? - abairsto
House price to high I agree but the protection racket maybe for real,and no I am not losing my marbles.
andy
Re: stupid protection racket??? - David Woollard
Darcy,

If you're only virtually 6'6" with virtual mates then it's a risk, unless of course the threat is virtual. And if they get by Fern bet he's got Lara Croft at home anyway so no worries.

David
Re: stupid protection racket??? - Darcy Kitchin
David

There's virtually no answer to that.
Re: stupid protection racket??? - Tom Shaw
You must be earning a fair bit to afford all that LSD, Chris. Did you sell the patent for perpetual motion pehaps?
Re: stupid protection racket??? - Randolph Lee
WOLF! WOLF!

One can not lend credence to the postings of one so given to mendacity

`R
Chris, you have mny sympathy. I know North Shields and have done since the 1960s. You'd better see if Phil lookalike is open to negotiation. He'd obviously rather have £100 a week than burn your place down and get nothing.

HJ
i will try to reason with him, and for all the people that dont think i am telling the truth, I AM. strangely i used to live in felling near gateshead, and that was about the same (boarded up shops and houses, burnt out cars, the local post office had bars on the window, and the house prices are about £2500.
Re: stupid protection racket??? - fred smith
yea but theres a nice swimming pool in felling
at least nothumbria are one of the better police forces
you should go and have a chat with you local police force
Re: stupid protection racket??? - Andy
Demanding money with menace is a serious offence and one that should be reported to the police. In reality, you have to ask yourself what will the police be able to do to protect you from retribution or another miscreant doing the same in the future.
I find the protection racket deplorable as its a form of bullying and these 'insects' tend to prey on the weak in our society, but even the best of us cannot thwart their criminality as it's impossible for us to maintain vigil over our business premises 24/7.
At the moment it would be difficult to prove any criminal offence took place as I am assuming you have no corroboration of the conversation between you and 'Phil Mitchell', so reporting the matter to the police would unlikely bring about a satisfactory resolution to your problem at this time. If they were so willing, the police could set up covert cctv at your garage and capture 'Phil' & his mates on camera, providing his demand for money was accompanied by threats of assault and/or damage. Remember, for every action... There would likely be a backlash for which in all reality the police would be unable to protect your business from. This is where you now have to consider the cost of overt cctv security measures, but if your garage is torched in the middle of the night and the perpetrators are wearing balaclavas the police will get no where and your business is in tatters. Sorry mate it's a carp deal!!!!!!!!!
Rules of the jungle apply here... You've gotta find out if Phil is a real player or just fancies himself as a slightly more grown up school boy bully; i.e. has he other businesses he 'protects', is there a known history of him resorting to violence, arson etc. You've gotta let him know you're no pushover though. Principles, morals and the law of the land are one thing, but you've gotta make a business decision here mate.