Peugeot 306 meridian (S) misfire - bmx
I have an S reg Peugeout 306 Meridian which has developed a worsening misfire. Primarily the autodiagnostic light would flicker on and off but this has become more constant and a noticeable misfire has developed. THis misire occurs at both low and high speed and both when the car is cold and after 15 minutes on the motorway. My peugeout dealer informed me that the diagnostic log showed a problem with the injectors on cylinder 2 and 3 and that it was not an ECU problem. However replacing the injectors has not rectified the problem and now they dealer feels it is definitely an ECU problem. This overnight change in mind is slightly disconcerting partciularly due to the cost of a new ECU which the dealer feels is necessary in addition to the new injectors as the old ones had been \'damaged\'.

Has anyone experienced similar problems, and have these been rectified by replacing or reprogramming the ECU? I suspect a fuel pump or ignition electrics problem could also be possible and I see many people mention coils affecting the ECU can I discount any of these?

In addition if a new ECU is required is it particularly unwise to try and pick one of these up from a scrap dealer? I hear they need to be initialized for the specific car they are to be installed in. Is this true and if so can it be achieved without the assistance of a dealer?
Peugeot 306 meridian (S) misfire - elekie&a/c doctor
If your car has the coil per cylinder type ignition system type Sagem,then you need to change this unit to modified type make Bougicord.Also ensure sparkplugs are in good condition.This is most common cause of missfire on these Peugeot /Citroen derivatives with same engines.Unlikely to be Ecu fault.
Peugeot 306 meridian (S) misfire - bmx
Pleased to hear that you dont think it is an ECU problem because I told the dealer to put the old injectors back in because they clearly werent the cause and i wasnt happy with their diagnosis of an ECU fault. I am relativley inexperienced with the Pug engine but pretty competent with the basics, am i likely to be able to change the coils myself?
Peugeot 306 meridian (S) misfire - DL
I would go for coilpacks too, just cured a 206 of the same problem.

--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn - Pictures say a thousand words.....
Peugeot 306 meridian (S) misfire - sera rodda

my 306 has compreession

leads are sending spark

sparks coming out of sparrks

changed coil pack no change

took exhaust off no change

air flow tested rising on revs perfectly

fuels coming out of rail

air intake taken off no change

2 and 3 still misfing

mostly at idle and upon revs it wants to die instantly as i start the car ...have to gas on to keep it going ,,, but still steady misfire upon reevs few backfires hear and thier

dies removing 1 and 4 leads when running ,,, have swapped sparks aorund in past pretty sure made no differnce ,,, will check again ,, which brought me back to leads or coil ,,, yet they are all working ?

fuel to much when in block ? is what i originally thought right from the begining or to less fuel say for example ,,, yet all 4 on rail were squirting around the same pressure by eye when checked

i will re check this properly

done almost every test with my mate we are both stumpt slightly its feels liek we going round and round ???

with this misfire

i know a bit about cars im not professional but something doesn't seem right to me like i feel we have checked eveyrhting ive read almost everything possible about misfries and how engines work seriously

my mind says it should be running,,,, maybe im missing something ?

something stupid and prob what ive already checked uno... like my mate helped him with his mirage

same misfire

o2 light on dash

he changed sparks solved problem for a little bit he rekons then back to sq 1

so i said goo buy some leads

got their.... one cylinder of his new spark plug still looked new others were burnt had obviously Fired fine ... so i changed the one cyl lead minor change ,,, weirdly ,, changed all 4 leads drove like brand new again

leads did have orange build up on them

I'm thinking maybe ironically i need to just replaced leads sparks and coil at same time and see if it stops as it seems somethings making me go round and f***n round wit this car ... ahhahaha they alll look fine no white residue on sparks leads coil look new

as I've only changed coil pack because the leads were sparking and the sparks are getting spark . fuel is coming out of rail and air is fine matching revs and compression is good ..... any ideas cheers

i guess people will say just change them all but why when they are working fine i know people will say but under load they may not be as in once they are in the block they cant handle the pressure ?? its all crossed my mind but their must be something i am missing here ?

why change something if its working ?

so then it brings me back to over fuel upon spark ,,,, but then rails squiting jujst fine and air flow is fine ?? ahhahaha anyway thanks in advance let me know where im gfoing wrong !! only way to learn :)

sera

nz

Peugeot 306 meridian (S) misfire - Mr_D

I had a similar issue when I had a 306.

In my case the misfire only presented itself after about 15/20 mins of running.

I replaced the plugs and coils but it was still the same. It turns out that a faulty coil pack can damage the ECU.

I had the ECU repaired and all was good after that.

Hope this helps

Edited by Mr_D on 30/10/2020 at 13:41

Peugeot 306 meridian (S) misfire - edlithgow
Might be worth improving cooling say by rigging the fan always on and/or removing the thermostat (assuming this isn’t tooo retro). Not a fix, but if it makes a difference that’d be informative.
Peugeot 306 meridian (S) misfire - edlithgow

I might also (see above) try temporarily improving the cooling by rigging the fan always on and/or removing the thermostat

(IF that is not toooo retro for this presumably ECU controlled car. i have no experience with ECUs and dont much want any)

Not a fix but if it makes a difference that might be a clue.

I've already posted this from my hated iphone, but no seeum. If it turns up later, apologies for the edouble post

EDIT: Actually I now realise there are two very similar current threads and I was looking at (and intended this post for) the other one, since overheating is mentioned there.

Edited by edlithgow on 15/04/2021 at 03:28