Peugeot 406 1996 Electric Windows - Chas{P}
Not being a Peugeot fount of knowledge (Ford’s my game mainly) I was wondering whether any of the fans of Gallic transport could help with this one:

My father’s car has a problem where the drivers electric window on the one touch closure will go to the top then drop to half open. It is possible to edge it shut by tapping the switch.

I have disconnected the battery with the window fully closed to reset the anti-finger trapping system, as per the owners manual, but it has made no difference.

Does anyone know how to properly reset the system or what could be wrong?
Peugeot 406 1996 Electric Windows - AR-CoolC
The procedure in the manual should do the job, they usually re-set themselves after locking up the car.

Try removing the fuse for 10 minutes or so with the window in the closed position.

or

Wind the window to the top, press and hold the switch in the up position for a couple of seconds.

These are the methods used on a number of different makes.

Let us know how you get on.
Many thanks for the suggestion. I'll have a go at the weekend and post back the result.

Regards

Charles
Peugeot 406 1996 Electric Windows - Hugo {P}
Hi Charles

Is your Dad's 406 the 1.8i 16v petrol?

If so, I may have a few spares that he can have,

Coil pack
throttle intake
inlet manifold
exhaust manifold
cylinder head that needs two valves replacing (piston disintegrated - not cambelt failure.
Poss a power steering pump.
Under bonnet part of wiring loom.

With the exception of the loom, the PAS pump and the inlet manifold they are off a 1.8i 16v Xantia engine which went west. The PAS pump is not used on the Xantia (LHM setup) and the inlet manifold had the wrong fitting MAP sensor connection and peugeot lion rather than the citroen chevrons.

If they're any use to you you can have them when you come to see us.

Let me know and I'll keep them

Hugo
Hugo

No it's a 2.0 litre with 34K on it. Apart from needing a clutch cable it's fine at the moment.

If you want to make some space you could shift that lot on eBay!

All the best

Charles
Peugeot 406 1996 Electric Windows - Hugo {P}
"If you want to make some space you could shift that lot on eBay!"

....plan B!

Hugo
Peugeot 406 1996 Electric Windows - DL
Blasted ebay!

--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn - Pictures say a thousand words.....