Double Yellow Policing - pdc {P}
Totally against inconsiderate people parking on double yellows and believe that they deserve to be booked.

However, I was pleased to see all the traffic wardens and police around manchester airport yesterday turn a blind eye, and actually park people up on the double yellows around the airport.

Guess they are human afterall and understood the significance of the occasion.
Double Yellow Policing - GrumpyOldGit
Good for them. I hope that the police around LHR are as considerate tomorrow afternoon, although I suspect that there will be so many people that they won't have a lot of choice!
Double Yellow Policing - X5
'scuse me for being thick here, but what actually is going on to make this a special occasion?
Double Yellow Policing - borasport20
'scuse me for being thick here, but what actually is going
on to make this a special occasion?

Concorde is doing a round of the airports before being put out to grass.

Never had the same effect when the last Allegro trundled off to the scrapyard

Bora - what Bora ?
Double Yellow Policing - Dynamic Dave
Concorde is doing a round of the airports before being put
out to grass.

Before anyone asks; no this doesn't entitle you to start another Concorde thread.

DD. BR Mod.
Double Yellow Policing - daveyjp
Pity W Yorks Police weren't as accommodating! They must have seen a major drop in income since Concorde stopped visiting Leeds Bradford - everyone on the double yellows used to be booked.
Double Yellow Policing - Bromptonaut
Pity W Yorks Police weren't as accommodating! They must have
seen a major drop in income since Concorde stopped visiting Leeds
Bradford - everyone on the double yellows used to be booked.

Those too idle to park by Murgatroyds and walk up to Plane Trees Hill deserve to be booked!!
Double Yellow Policing - pdc {P}
Which is why I was good and didn't use the C word ;-) Could I refer to her as BA9020c instead?
Double Yellow Policing - Pugugly {P}
Beyond Belief. DYL at airports are there to assist traffic flows and to make any potential terrorist car stand out in vulnrable places (i.e. baddies car on DYL needs to be checked out) will we ever learn ?
Double Yellow Policing - Pugugly {P}
Recall a case where a guy was contesting a FPT on DYL. His sole defence was that he normall parked there and had never been bothered by Warden or Officer before. Guilty.