oily wet spark plug? - Mondeo - misterp
Just taken no.1 plug out my \'94 2l mondeo. last plugs were placed at about 70k, 30 months ago.based on the pictures in the back of my heynes manual i would say the nose of thegsplug is between \'normal\' and overheating. the thread is quite oily and the upper part has quite a bit of crap ringed into the grooves. i am changing the plugs and leads as there is a bit of hesitation when accelerating in 3rd from about 2500 rpm. as this problem was previously cured lasttime by my garage by the prvious plug change i thought i would do the same. should i be alarmed by the plug appearance???

cheers
oily wet spark plug? - Mondeo - DL
Change the plugs - I'd not worry about it.

What brand/make of plugs have you removed?

Stick to NGK or Motorcraft (Ford) plugs IMO
oily wet spark plug? - Mondeo - misterp
cheers

yes have changed plugs and leads.all other plugs looked ok wrt usage. used champion plugs, had the other sort in my hand at halfords but as champs were the one in the manual i went for them (same price). ANYWAY, just test drove it and seems ok,fingers crossed.
oily wet spark plug? - Mondeo - elekie&a/c doctor
A yellow corona at the base of the ceramic part of the plug is quite normal.I would definitely only use motorcraft o/e leads,they seem to be the only type that fit &work properly.
oily wet spark plug? - Mondeo - Adam Going (Tune-Up)
I agree with elekie and would only use Motorcraft leads. I use Bosch plugs in these with complete confidence/reliability, although Motorcraft are probably just as good. Don't forget that Ford advise packing the plug covers with their own silicone grease, and the 3 year warranty on the leads only applies if this is used.

Regards, Adam

PS. Elekie, is that you from the UKAutotalk site ?
Whatever is rightly done, however humble, is noble.
oily wet spark plug? - Mondeo - elekie&a/c doctor
Hello Adam. I'm not the Ford elekie but I do subscribe to Ukautotalk.This website is a great comfort because it confirms that all the absurd & complex probs that we encounter are now realised & acknowledged by the public at large!