Peugeot 205 door jammed - Doug B
I recently had a problem with the front passenger door, on our 1988 Peugeot 205 GLD. I understand that this is a fairly common problem with ageing 205?s, therefore the following might be of help to somebody. The door jammed shut & wouldn?t respond to either the key or the internal release button. I took the door trim off from the inside & after much pushing, pulling tapping various rods etc: I somehow managed to free the door.
Assuming the lock was worn. I took it out & purchased a replacement (these only seem to be available from Main Dealers). The new lock was dually fitted & appearing to be working fine, I shut the door, locked it & was back to square one with a locked door, that wouldn?t respond to any amount of fiddling (or bad language) Eventually the problem was found & cured by a squirt of WD40. The problem was not with the locking mechanism, but with the exterior door handle. There?s a lever, which operates a pull rod connecting the exterior handle & the mechanism. At the top centre of the handle is a fulcrum in the lever. This had become stiff & wasn?t allowing the lock to reset completely. Thus preventing the locking mechanism to function correctly. So if you?ve got a similar problem. Take off the door trim, & with the window in the closed position, squirt some oil at the top centre of the door handle, operate the handle a few times to free up the fulcrum & with a bit of luck, your problem will have gone away.
Peugeot 205 door jammed - RogF

Diagnosis spot on. However, I had to remove the external handle to free up the pivot.

Now, how do I reconnect the plastic clip link between the handle lever and the catch mechanism?

Peugeot 205 door jammed - Leigh Maddock

thank for the advice you were spot on.removed exterior door handle pulled leaver and the door opened,found that the fulcrum return spring had come away from the clip that holds it tight i managed to return the spring to its correct position and the handle feels alot more positive and works every time.once again thank you