Audi A4 cutout when hot - hamsterdangler
I bought my wife an Audi A4 1.8 saloon 1995 (non turbo) earlier this year. It is a very nice car but has one annoying fault that is getting worse and I cannot understand it. It starts well from cold but when warm may start and run for a few seconds and then cut out. When it gets hot it is worse and it may take several attempts and several minutes before it stays running. It always starts but initially cuts out after a few seconds. When the engine has run for a minute or so without cutting out it will keep going until turned off again. The only other odd thing is that when changing gear after lifting the foot off the accelerator the revs rise slightly before dropping. Any suggestions gratefully received.
Audi A4 cutout when hot - enginekiller
I can see that this message was posted quite some time ago but.... This is a problem that we have had with our Audi A4 1995 non turbo as well. We have had the car from new and this problem has been happening for the last 50k miles and I thought it was about time I fixed it. We have taken it to our local Audi dearlership who siad that it was probably the throttle body. This was replaced but the fault remained (although it fixed another hunting and stalling problem). Since that time it has had new injectors and a fuel pressure regulator none of which have cured the fault. I had a similar problem a number of years ago with a couple of ex-police ford granadas that I had, one after the other and found that the fault was caused by the high pressure fuel pump. I haven't found a reasonably priced pump yet but think that this is the next logical bit to change. What was happening was when cold the engine recieves a boost of fuel through the cold start valve. Mercedes used to have this problem as well and fitted an extra valve on the end of the pump which did the trick. In older cars, when hot sometimes the pressure in the fuel line dies away because the non return valve in the pump is worn/dirty and since the car is hot hot it doesn't get this initial boost throguht the cold start valve. You have to turn the car over a number of times stalling each time before the pressure builds up again. I will let you know if a new pump fixes it once I manage to get one.
Audi A4 cutout when hot - adverse camber
have you had the diagnostics checked ?

I would guess crank sensor or temp sensor.
Audi A4 cutout when hot - hamsterdangler
Thank you Enginekiller, The car has continued with the fault and was given to my daughter over two years ago, she just puts up with it as the cost of sorting it is likely to be prohibitive, also her driving ability and lack of maintenance is such that it may not be long before it is no longer driveable, it was, however, a very good car and very pleasant to drive. Have moved on to A6 V6 tdi problems now. Morris 1000's were so easy. Regards, Michael