Windscreen washer additive. - AZ
I know this subject has been raised before,but can anyone recommend a good additive for removing tree sap from the screen.
All the ones I have tried always leaves smears and patches of sap.
Windscreen washer additive. - blank
AZ:
I have not found anything better for cleaning stubborn marks, tree sap included, from my windscreen than a clean cloth with neat screenwash and lots of elbow grease.

For use as an additive, VW screenwash is the best I have tried. Smells really solventy and is very effective.

Andy
Windscreen washer additive. - AZ
Thanks Andy for the advice. I will try the VW stuff.
With regards to using the stuff neat,it's just tht first thing in the morning,the whole of the screen is literally peppered with
thousands of sap droppings,and the last thing you want to do is use elbow grease. I get this problem everyday as there are are lime trees in our road. Cannot imagine what it's doing to the paintwork. Previous cars paintwork damaged by sap. Council not interested in treating tree.
Windscreen washer additive. - Roger Jones
Buy a car cover, or at least a windscreen cover?

As to fluids, Autoglym Fast Glass is good for everyday use, and they have a fiercer glass cleaner to apply to persistent problems.

Something odd is happening to the input screen as a type: the right-hand side of these lines is being truncated, i.e. the text is not wrapping within the (unusually square) box.
Windscreen washer additive. - Dizzy {P}
Something odd is happening to the input screen as I type: the right-hand side of these lines is being truncated, i.e. the text is not wrapping within the (unusually square) box.

For the record, I've also had this happen three times recently. I can't think of anything I've done to cause it.
Text Dissapearing - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
Dizzy (P),
Try hitting the 'insert' key when this happens. I get that problem occasionally in e-mails.
Windscreen washer additive. - terryb
Add meths to the washer. Good solvent and antifreeze too. Don't smoke when you're near it though!

Terry
Windscreen washer additive. - twinexhaust
Lemon juice as well or is that just an old wifes tale?
Windscreen washer additive. - AlanGowdy
I used to have a cleaning lady who swore by bleach (diluted!) and vinegar as the only household cleaning fluids worth using. She'd never use any of the branded products, saying the only thing good about them was the perfume. She did a good job too.
Windscreen washer additive. - flatfour
I know someone who used Flash on their windscreen, it also removed the paint.

Best solution get a new screen, its amazing how much difference you notice when you have a new one fitted.
Windscreen washer additive. - J Bonington Jagworth
"Best solution get a new screen"

I'm sure you're right, but they're not cheap, and unless somebody breaks it - but you wouldn't be suggesting that, surely...?
Windscreen washer additive. - No Do$h
Well JBJ, you could always take a brief trip up Staplers before driving past Downside Middle School (I assume it's still there). If the little tikes there are anything like the monsters that made my childhood on the Isle of Widget such a misery, your screen should last two passes before it gets a half-brick through it.....
Windscreen washer additive. - J Bonington Jagworth
LOL, ND! I don't normally go that way, but I could always make a detour. Sorry to hear of your experience, though - most of the Island is quite nice.
Windscreen washer additive. - No Do$h
I agree the island is nice, it was the little fools I went to school with!

I used to get my sturdy Raleigh Three-Speed out of a weekend and set off from Wootton to Cowes, on to Yarmouth, across to Ventor, round to Brading, Ryde, then home again. About 45-50 miles. Used to love stoppin on the old Militay Road and watching the cars pass by on one side and the ships on the other whilst munching on my packed lunch (normally a pasty and can of Quattro - there\'s the motoring link!). All at the tender age of 12!

Later on, following my return to the \"mainland\" I used to have to visit Ford dealers on the island as part of my job with Ford Credit. Was astonished to hear the only strip of dual-carriageway on the island (outside St Mary\'s Hospital and all of 3/4 mile long) described by one local as \"the motorway\". Even more surprised to see a police Sapphire Cossy.... Where can you drive over 60???
Windscreen washer additive. - RichardW
Since the introduction of the link road (which wouldn't have been required had they not screwed the traffic with 16 (I think!) sets of traffic lights) to avoid Coppins Bridge roundabout, half of said 3/4 mile of DC has 30 mph speed limit on it.... Fortunately I now live somewhere that doesn't require a ferry trip to go anywhere sensible!

Back to the thread - try Clearalex crystals or tablets (available in Halfords) - I do not know what is in them, but they are unbeatable at keeping windscreens clean. I used to clean the one on my BX about every 1000 miles with household glass cleaner, but after clearalex I never did it again for 25,000 miles - and could always see better than before! It takes a bit to clean off the old gunk, but it is amazing. (Tablets may need to be broken up if you've got one of these modern cars with a hidden washer tank!)

RichardW

Is it illogical? It must be Citroen....