diesel transit pulls when hot ! - delboy1273
i have a transit van with a recon fuel pump fitted 2 years ago, recently it has started to pull bad when it gets hot have to pull over and wait then it seems to clear,i have fitted new lifter pump,fuel pipes,checked the tank and replaced the fuel filter assembly any ideas guys? there are 3 wires that go to the back of the pump one must be the sollenoid cut off would this cause it? what are the other 2 wires for?
diesel transit problem - delboy1273
i got a diesel transit van that holds back when hot changed lifter pump,fuel filter,fuel pipes,checked tank any ideas guys?anybody else had this problem?
diesel transit problem - big davey
HI,
Ive just had a similar problem with a transit at work, there is a mod which costs £45 pounds. Its a mod to the top of the pump, i cant remember the name of the mod, The problem was that the van was as flat as a witches during acceleration then suddenly as if a turbo had come in but still not as good as it should be. Speak to a diesel injection centre iam sure they will know. The job can be done in situ.
good luck.
Big davey
diesel transit pulls when hot ! - none
The extra wires are connected to the immobiliser, they disable the pump.
There is a mod for the injector leak off pipes, to prevent a build up of air in the injector pipes after a full throttle run. The fuel return pipe is connected to No.4 injector. Remove the return pipe and replace with the blanking plug from No1 injector. Extend the return pipe so that it reaches No1 injector. Bleed the injectors.
To be honest it sounds like more like a dodgy injection pump. I guess that it accelerates with a lot of induction noise and not a lot of go. BD suggested a mod to the pump. If caught early enough the problem can be sorted out temporarily by replacing a few easily accessible bits, maybe your pump has already been 'reconned' in this way, and now has to be removed for a proper overhaul.
It's a fairly common problem with post 1990 Transits.
diesel transit pulls when hot ! - delboy1273
Thanx for your help guys! i took carricks advice and got a mod kit from fords £17 a bit expensive for a bit of pipe and a jubilee clip but iam not complaining,it seems to have done the trick taken it out and drives fine,couldnt of done this without your advice because there were no mod instructions and the technical service bulletin i was faxed didnt show the mod even existed but fords part dept.was aware of it when i explained your advice. thanks again keep you posted if it plays up again.cheers!