Mondeo TDCi - Kenneth
I have a Mondeo TDCi 15 months old with 26000 miles.Since May it has spent some considerable time at the dealers with a reoccurring fault.ie. Management light comes on and shuts down to "limp home mode". Cold starting is not good with rough running and smoke.The car went in last week for three days came out, ran fine for three days and went again. Now after another two days they cannot solve the problem,and we now await the visit of a guy from Fords,in 9 days time. The car has had 2 sets of replacement injectors. Anyone had similar problems and if so what was the outcome?
Mondeo TDCi - kurnal
Hi Kenneth
Presumably the dealers have had regard to the technical service bulletins issued by ford? I'm just a driver and not a mechanic but there are a number of threads on this site which discuss problems that sound similar to yours- had a few of them myself!
Try a search on tdci and you will find a few pointers and questions to ask the dealer. Have you also seen the mondeo enthusiasts website www.fordmondeo.org/ where there is a forum devoted to the diesel engine.
Hope you soon get your problems resolved - Please let us know how you get on. As you are probably aware the tdci has been plagued with "development" issues from the outset,- some of which Ford do not seem able to resolve and have been inherited by the X type jag- - but the dealers always put on a show of surprise and shock when you approach them with a fault symtom as though they have never known one give problems before.
If you cant locate the discussion threads on this site let me know and I will give you some direct pointers.
Mondeo TDCi - Kenneth
Thanks for your comments.Every time the car has been in the dealer has consulted Fords Technical Dept.In fact they have been instructed By Ford to consult with them problems with TDCis. The dealer has no answers except to say they have been working under the instruction of Ford .Test upon test has been done,even a compression test!! My dealer assures me they have not had a problem with any other Mondy except replacement pump etc.,the same as me, some 11 months ago.