"Anti Pollution Unit" Pug 206 - Armitage Shanks{P}
Every once in a while I get a warning in the central display which says "Anti Pollution Unit" and it goes out when I start the engine, which seems to run UK; it is a diesel by the way. Neither the handbook nor Haynes has anything to say on the subject and I have grave doubts that my local dealer will, if his past efforts are anything to go by. Does any Backroomer have an idea what this means - catalyst on the way out maybe? The car is still under warranty so it isn't a major problem but I would like to know what it means! Thank you.
"Anti Pollution Unit" Pug 206 - clachnacudden
Hell Arm-Shanks,

My best guess would be that it is a service light and nothing to get too worried about.

I could be very wrong but If I were a betting man, I would put a fiver on it..

good luck,

Clach.
"Anti Pollution Unit" Pug 206 - DL
Some of the larger Peugeot Diesels have some sort of particlate trap/filter in the exhaust system if I read the service schedule correctly.....it *could* be this, but I'm not confident.

I'll see what info I can dig out.
"Anti Pollution Unit" Pug 206 - Ben79
I'm 99.9% sure the 206 doesn't have a particle filter, I think the message refers to the lambda sensor just before the cat in the exhaust.

Trip to Peugeot I believe.

Ben
On my 3rd Citroen. Saxo, Xsara, C5.
But, the car being a Diesel....it won't have a lambda sensor....
Thanks for the replies. It is going in for some other minor warranty work next week and the dealer's suggestion is a bit of a reprogramme of the engine managementsystem. I have only seen the warning 4 times in a fortnight and the car runs well but I don't like spurious warnings!
Sorry

No need to apologise Ben
I just remembered that there is more information about the "Antipollution Fault" message on the C5-L YahooGroup.

I still think the 2.0 HDI is a really good engine. There are so few faults reported compared with Ford and VW's offerings.

I hope the next generation PSA-Ford partnership engines are more like Peugeot/Citroen engines than Ford lumps.

Ben
Went to the dealer today and the problem, for which the fix is a download of EMS stuff, couldn't be done as the Peugeot computer syatem has a virus in it! Still I am not off the road for it so I'll try again another day! Thanks for the posts!
"Anti Pollution Unit" Pug 206 - jlo
Hi,

My Father ran a Citroen C5 2.2HDI and had the polution warning light up regularly. It took a few visits to the dealer but discovered it would happen when there had been heavy rain the car engine was loaded ie going up a hill. It would then switch to limp home mode.

The problem was the airfilter was to low and was saturated with water. Hence when the engine was underload not enough air was getting in to the engine and this caused the pollution warning light to light up.

They faxed citroen for a fix but ended up rerouting the airfilter ducting. Since then the problem disapeared!

Shame he had so many other problems with the car. Ended up chopping it in for a New shape Primera 2.2D. No warrantee claims at all so far with the primara.

Kind Regards

James
Customer's 607 HDi had the A-P light come on, turned out to be the particulate filter in the exhaust system had malfunctioned - £547+VAT for the part!

This was on an 02 registered low mileage executive car........not good.