sp30 ruins your reputation ? - fred smith
in milton keynes a business woman was rejected in her application to become a local magistrate because she had a speeding endorsement on her licence
Re: sp30 ruins your reputation ? - Tom Shaw
If you are a driving instructor, two SP30's mean goodbye business, career, income, etc.
Re: sp30 ruins your reputation ? - RichardM
Or how about the four points I got for an SP30 which, had they stopped me at the time (instead of automatically taking it straight to court) and issued a fixed penalty would have been three for the same offence?

For four years it has excluded me from many jobs which often state three points maximum allowed- which is what I should have been given. My respect for Derbyshire police went down a bit after that example of 'justice'.
Re: sp30 ruins your reputation ? - Dave
Quite right!!!

You break the law you shouldn't be allowed to be part of enforcing it. QED.

If you think the law's stupid thats a totally diffent issue.

I'm amazed you can remain in the police force after points...
Re: sp30 ruins your reputation ? - sam
practically removes the possiblity of very high milage drivers ever becomming a magistrate then
Re: sp30 ruins your reputation ? - Dave
sam wrote:
>
> practically removes the possiblity of very high milage
> drivers ever becomming a magistrate then

I agree.

But if you have a set of laws you need enforcers that live by it.

If the law is stupid the law needs changing.

I've had points before, treating me as anything other than a criminal seems to suggest what I didn't wasn't very serious. If it wasn't serious why is it illegal?

I'm sick of being prosecuted at the same time as being told by the rozzer I wasn't driving dangerously and that 3 points isn't very serious. (*Every* time)
if a copper can knock someone down on a level crossing and still survive in the job (as they do) then sp30 is hardly big potatoes...
Re: sp30 ruins your reputation ? - John Kenyon
sam wrote:
>
> if a copper can knock someone down on a level crossing and
> still survive in the job (as they do) then sp30 is hardly big
> potatoes...

Depends on what they were driving on - the road or the rails...
why ?
Re: sp30 ruins your reputation ? - John Kenyon
Because you get two types of vehicle on a level crossing
- road vehicles and rail vehicles.

/john
not many cops driving trains me thinks, anyways pedestrian crossing was meant methinks
Re: sp30 ruins your reputation ? - Ben
Police are struggling for recruits though aren't they - Can't imagine why.
Re: sp30 ruins your reputation ? - Brian
I also know of a magistrate who resigned from the Bench after receiving two speeding tickets.
Personally, I think that certain motoring offences should be decriminalised unless it can be shown that danger was caused.