bonjour everyone. - chris watson
hello i have just come back from a holiday in guernsey, the island of cheap cars, cheap petrol, and 35 mph speed limits. how about this, diesel - 36 pence per litre, unleaded - 45 pence per litre, super unleaded - 46 pence per litre, and cars upto £5000 cheaper than england.
40MPH? - David Lacey
Points taken but I couldn't stick the 40 MPH speed limit..

says Dave hoping he's got it right......
Re: 40MPH? - chris watson
its 35 mph on the open road, 25 mph around town, and on some back roads 15 mph, but you can import cars from the islands, a brand new mitsubishi lancer estate 1600, only costs £8595, but i would get a demo car as its already registered, so you can drive it back and pay no vat, then just put it in your name as the second owner. a three year old subaru legacy estate with 12000 miles is only £6500.
Re: bonjour everyone. - Andy Bairsto
I once worked in Angola the diesal was free and there was no traffic polce .But who wants to live there .My company is based in Gib I think it is the biggest car park in Spain.Africa is full of cheap fuel.American petrol is not so cheap when You convert to Uk gallons.Fuel is expensive throughout the world.What we consider cheap fuel is not cheap to the local population of these countries.A freind of mine who works in a bar in the channel islands cannot afford a car never mind the petrol but forgoes that for the other benifits
Re: bonjour everyone. - honest john
Petrol has gone up 50% in Indonesia over tha last year. It's now Rph 1,500 a litre (12p) and, as Andy intimates, everyone is complaining bitterly.

HJ
Re: bonjour everyone. - Bill Doodson
HJ

Wasnt there an article about car prices in Bali in the Telegraph a few years ago along with petrol at about 4p a litre. I seem to recall a very large Japanese 4*4 selling for about 3.5K brand new. Or did I dream it?

Bill