vw golf tdi tyres - guss
the 195/65/15v tyres on my mk4 golf tdi are due for replacement soon. can anyone suggest a good tyre which wears well and is quiet. the original fit continentals have lasted ok but are a bit noisy.
vw golf tdi tyres - Doc
The latest WHICH report gives the following recommendations:

To pick Best Buy tyres, we look at their performance for wet grip, dry grip, ride comfort, rolling resistance, noise and wear. We place particular emphasis on both wet and dry grip.
All the tyres we tested were acceptable for use on appropriate cars, but we have recommended the ones that were better than others.

195/65 R15V

The Toyo Roadpro 610 is very good for wet and dry grip and is quiet and gives a comfortable ride. It is acceptable for all other performance criteria. At around £56 to £67 it is available mostly through regional and independent stockists.

The Vredestein Sportrac is very good for wet and dry grip and is quiet and gives a comfortable ride. It is acceptable for all other performance criteria. At around £58 to £63 it is available mainly through national and independent outlets.

vw golf tdi tyres - jcfaeecht
I managed to get 32k out of the original Michelin Pilots on the front of my Golf GT TDI. These were replaced with Michelin Primacy tyres which seem to be lasting just as well. No problems with noise or road holding.

Costco were £15 per tyre cheaper than anywhere else for the Primacy tyres. I also run Michelins on my wife's A4 which again I am very pleased with.

I have tried many different makes in the past and have found Michelins to be the best value for money.

P.S. No I don't work for Michelin.....or Costco
vw golf tdi tyres - Mike L
Hi,

It seems that VW use a variety of manufacturers for original fit tyres. I've seen Goodyear,Dunlop,Continental & Firestones on
new Golfs in the woek car park.

My own golf TDI uses Goodyear Eagle NCT 5 & I'm happy with both wear & noise.

I replaced the fronts at 30,000 miles. Backs are just legal with 2mm left after 50,000 & will be replaced this week.

When I replaced the fronts I was quoted £112 each for the Goodyears by Kwik-Fit but ended up paying £120 for both at a local fitters (Dartford Tyres)

Mike
vw golf tdi tyres - guss
tahnks for the replies folks.i must admit i looked at michelin pilot primacys in costco yesterday and at 64pounds a corner inc vat for v rated 195/65/15s it seems good value.They seem good tyres ill probably go for that!!