Golf shuddering - DavidHM
A friend of a friend drives a 52 plate Golf. I'm not sure about the version but I think it's a 2.0 petrol GTi.

Unfortunately she is a new driver and helpfully told me that it's black and has a CD player. She's not sure herself and she didn't have the car with her to check when I spoke to her - so more information as and when.

Over the past couple of days the 'exhaust' warning light has come on and the car has started to shudder at low revs - apparently in all gears up to fourth.

My reaction is that there is a blockage in the exhaust system or a problem with the cat. When I suggested this she asked if someone could have put something up the tailpipe; I suppose it's easy enough to check for so it's worth a look but this morning I am now thinking that someone could have (maybe) put something in the petrol tank and she is doing all kinds of unspeakable things to her injectors by driving it.

Any thoughts?
Golf shuddering - David Davies
Possibly this car is suffering from the very common air mass meter failure.Very deceptive fault because the AMM can test perfectly and the symptoms whilst driving feel like some sort of plug misfire.Also misfire fault codes will be recorded in the computer memory:I'd suggest you have this read before doing anything.
David Davies (Tune-Up Raglan)