Peugeot 406 CDL intermittent with plip - Robin the Technician
Car is Peugeot 406 diesel estate 1999 model year.
I have an intermittent problem with the Central Door locking. I can use the plip on the key fob to lock/unlock but 5 mins later it won't work at all. It was re-programmed a while ago by the local Pug agent but it was still intermittent then. The key in the door will lock/unlock every time but if its raining I want to be able to open it from a distance. Anyone tell me where I can check the connectors on the pick up/where is it located? or any Ideas what to go for first. Its driving me bonkers!!!

--
These are the views of Robin the Technician with 35 years in the trade. I fix, therefore I am...
Peugeot 406 CDL intermittent with plip - Dynamic Dave
Correct me if I'm wrong, but do pug plips still transmit infra-red signals? If this is the case then you have to be fairly precise in where you point it - that being towards the interior light housing where the receiver resides. If it's raining then the water on the window may mask the signal.
I think you have got the wrong end of the stick. I could stand 100 yards away, point the key plip and it would open/close. 5 minutes later, it would not work. It works intermittently and rain/snow/sleet or wind makes no difference. I need some pointers as to if someone else has had this problem and how did they solve it. Where is the sensor pick up located so I can check connections.

--
These are the views of Robin the Technician with 35 years in the trade. I fix, therefore I am...
Peugeot 406 CDL intermittent with plip - DL
'99MY 406 has RF plips, surely?

Sounds like a job for a dealership to me......I have no wiring diagrams for a late 406.....sorry
Peugeot 406 CDL intermittent with plip - Mondaywoe
Only guessing here but there could either be a bad soldered joint within the plip, or possibly the battery might be on it's way out (giving just enough power for one signal, but not recovering quickly enough for a second.) Maybe even a dodgy capacitor somewhere.)

Try www.davidsonelectronics.co.uk/ Graeme (Davidson!) will be able to advise.

Graeme
Thanks for the advice. I have two plips, one which was new supplied not long after purchase of the car seconhand. Both exhibit the same problem and both have had new batteries because of said problem. Still gives the same problem, hence i believe the problem lies with a pickup in the car not the plips.
Thanks for your suggestions- I'm sure someone out there has had a similar problem and found the cure.

--
C'mon guys- SOMEONE must have an idea whats wrong!!!!
--
Peugeot 406 CDL intermittent with plip - solara
On my 306, its located in the overhead driver/passenger light panel in the roof. Might be worth unclipping to see if its ther on the 406.