cdr500 - louiefigo2003
I`ve recently bought a mk1 vectra without a stereo so I bought a cdr500, when it came to installing it i found the wires had been cut so i wired it back up and plugged it in, everything works fine except when I turn it on the date dissapears from the display and stays blank and my remote locking has stopped working too. I need help!!
cdr500 - John S
I doubt the two are connected!

The Stereo - a common problem where the dash display size varies between Vauxhall models. The radio will work, but the dash display blanks when it's switched on. Try DD'd trick and change between 8 and 10 digit display:

With the Ignition on
Press and hold the 4 & 6 buttons on the set
Then switch on the radio keeping the 4 & 6 pressed
The display will show "10-digit" which will then "toggles" to "8-digit" or vice versa

As for the remote locking, is the battery in the remote OK? Worth a change - CR2032 lithium cell available in the High Street. Then follow the coding procedure in the handbook.

Turn on the ignition, open the drivers door and press the lock button on the remote. Doors should lock and immediately unlock, and the remote is recoded to the car. If the locks don't operate, try the second remote, as the first could be faulty.

Regards

John S

cdr500 - Dynamic Dave
Try DD'd trick....

Sorry, can't take the credit for that one. Quick search found that it was someone called Shep who made that suggestion.

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=14020&...e
cdr500 - John S
DD

Many apologies to Shep!!!

Now you mention it you came up with the service indicator reset, not the radio trick!

Regards

john S