Daewoo Show rooms!! Danger Be Careful - Raghu
Dear All,
I had a Daewoo Espero Model. It started giving some jerks once a while(and is very intermittent, more in winter and not in summer). I took the car to the showrrom and the result is a Faulty Distributor. To my knowledge, distributors are robust, hence took to another Daewoo showroom 30 miles away from my place. To my surprise, the diagnosis result is a faulty distributor.
Unable to believe it, I went to a local garage- the result is the faulty diatributor to SparkPlug Cables,(and the distributor cap).
Daewoo Car Owner's !! be cautious and do not get cheated when you go to the Daewoo Showroom for repairs.
Re: Daewoo Show rooms!! Danger Be Careful - Mark (Brazil)
I think I didn't understand you message.

Didn't the local garage give the same answer as Daewoo, or did I miss something ?
Re: Daewoo Show rooms!! Danger Be Careful - Raghu
The Local garage located the fault in the Distributor Leads(the leads which run from Distributor to the SparkPlug) and NOT the Distributor.
Re: Daewoo Show rooms!! Danger Be Careful - Jonathan
Sorry, I dont quite get this.

Did they also try and sell you four new tyres, new brakes, clutch and gearbox too?

If it was my car, I would be pleased that a main dealer got it this right (down to the offending component).

Anyway, how do you know that the little garage got it right?

Regards

Jonathan
Re: Daewoo Show rooms!! Danger Be Careful - Raghu
The basic problem is due to the excessive unburned petrol, which reduced the milage drastically.
"Little garage" opened all the components and traced down the current flow till the spark plugs. More over some of the leads, are a bit rusty.

The car passed MOT(Emission Test) after replacing the leads.
Re: Daewoo Show rooms!! Danger Be Careful - Martyn [Back Room moderator]
Sounds to me as though Raghu is saying that both Daewoo dealers made a general and loose diagnosis. No doubt if either had replaced the dib, they would also have replaced the HT leads, and the problem would have disappeared. But since he knew that distributors rarely fail, he then took his car to a small independent (with no vested interest in selling costly original equipment) who methodically arrived at a more accurate (and less expensive) cure for his misfires. Thank goodness for the little garages of this world!
Re: Daewoo Show rooms!! Danger Be Careful - fred smith
arnt daewoo dealers mostly halfords (aka The AA now) ?

well at least theyll change your cam belt a lot cheaper than the main dealer prices quoted elsewhere in this forum!
Re: Daewoo Show rooms!! Danger Be Careful - steve paterson
I knew exactly what Raghu meant in his first post. I guess that most other readers did as well.