Urgent Help! Fiesta Zetec Keeps Stalling - Pug306xldt
Hi,

I have a Fiesta 1.6v Zetec ( T reg ).

The problem I am having is that every time I stop at a junction she stalls. This is even happening after she is warmed up.

I had someone plug a hand help computer into the system.

The fault came up with 'Fuel Too Rich'.

So I have started to use Unleaded Super Plus but still have the same problem.

According to the Ford manual it says to remove fuse no 34 if you have to put a lower octane petrol.

This should overide the engine management system.

Tried this, guess what still keeps stalling.

Any ideas
Urgent Help! Fiesta Zetec Keeps Stalling - joe
Mate of mine had the same problem on this model. Turned out one of the breather pipes (don't ask me which or where) had come adrift. Plugged it back in and problem sorted straight away. No doubt there will be an expert along in a minute....
Ford Fiesta Zetec breather pipes - Pug306xldt
Hi,

Does anyone know where the breather pipes are on a Ford Fiesta Zetec ( T reg)?
Ford Fiesta Zetec breather pipes - taylor5788
should be on the top right (looking from front of car) a small pipe that leads to air box
Urgent Help! Fiesta Zetec Keeps Stalling - injection doc
When it had the "fuel too rich" was all the live data checked? coolant temp sensor what was it reading? hego sensor what was that reading & was it fluctuating & how fast was it responding? air mass flow? was it in parameters? if it has an air leak these would show up in hego readings & air mass!. I assume you didn't have VSS fault appear so assume speedo works ok.
It sounds like airleak & managment is trying to compensate & makes it run too rich.
The readings from hego sensor are alway's a good indication of where to look for a fault
Urgent Help! Fiesta Zetec Keeps Stalling - bell boy
take the marked lump off the car (2 bolts) and the clip on electrical connecter turn the thing upside down and clean with brake fluid
99/100 this will cure your problem
electric plug in gizzymos are not always perfect at the best of times ,sometimes a nice 2lb hammer is much more effective

i6.photobucket.com/albums/y246/smartiesx3/PICT0001...g
Urgent Help! Fiesta Zetec Keeps Stalling - bell boy
sorry not brake fluid ------------brake cleaner -------arerosol---------available at a pound shop near you
well it was in shrewsbury saturdaY
a lot of stuff in there was £2 mind