Audi A4 TDI Ripoff price - big dave 30
can any one tell me if £ 288 is the correct price for a mass air meter for an audi A4 1.9TD-110 1998-SE for finding and repairing the fault at a main dealer.They quoted £199 for the part the rest is for fitting.I had a fit at the price did anyone have the same responce.
Audi A4 TDI Ripoff price - Ivor E Tower
Try German & Swedish car parts (spares company).
The VW/Audi 1.9TDI engine is also fitted to the Ford Galaxy, and on that vehicle's forum (www.fordgalaxy.org.uk) there are numerous stories of problems with the MAF sensor, and exclamations of horror over its price as a spare part.
It could be time for someone to take VW/Audi to task over its pricing policy for "commonly needed" spares - the cost is horrendous; it must only cost a few pounds to make.
Worse to come though - one forum visitor has reported that the cost of a MAF sensor for the Nissan 2.7TD engine is over £400! - and that excludes fitting.
Audi A4 TDI Ripoff price - Aprilia
VW/Audi parts are not cheap - but £200 for the AFM is not actually that bad as a dealer price. Eurocarparts sell them for much less though (around £100, I think). I fitted one to a Passat TDi about 6 weeks ago and I think that's the price the owner paid. They are easy to fit - you could DIY if you feel confident, or you could get an independent to do it for you for less than the dealer.