Mercedes 280E - budu
I have just had my engine overhauled by Lancasters of Ipswich. What mileage can I expect before the next major overhaul?
Re: Mercedes 280E - andy bairsto
first what did they do ,engine overhaul could mean a coat of looking at or a complete rebuild.
Re: Mercedes 280E - David Woollard
If you've had a full engine overhaul to Mercedes standard I guess you might expect another (?) 200,000 miles.

David
Re: Mercedes 280E - simon saxton

With my experience of Lancaster & Mercedes,I certainly would not want to put that figure to the test,David.No,I am not being cynical.

Simon
Re: Mercedes 280E - Andy
How old is your vehicle. Is it a 123 or 124? You can email me direct on www.mercedesservicing.combudu wrote:
>
> I have just had my engine overhauled by Lancasters of
> Ipswich. What mileage can I expect before the next major
> overhaul?
Re: Mercedes 280E - Roy
Sorry but the address you give returns a "Page Cannot Be Displayed " warning. The car is a 280E, auto, petrol, 20 years old, 200,000 miles.
Re: Mercedes 280E - Mark (Brazil)
guessing on Andy's behalf, try this......

info@andygayle.co.uk
Re: Mercedes 280E - Andy Gayle
Hi Roy,

Try putting the adress in at the top of your web browser it should come up. www.mercedesservicing.com

Any way your vehicle is a 123 280 around 1979/80, if the dealers have done a complete overhaul, then you should get the same out of it again. One of the things I would check is that they have fitted running in oil. If they havn't you will get oil consumption problems again. If they fitted mobil 1 or some sort of equivalent. Then the oil is too good for initial use. ie first 1000-1500mls. Check it out. If it isnt fitted then get if fitted. If they say there no need then get them to put it in writing. If the engine is a brand new one from MB, it will more than likely come filled with oil.

Hope I have been of some help.

Regards
Andy