Wrong Tyre Size fitted - StuW
Today I decided to give general things on the car a check today as i hadn\'t done in a while. When i was checking tyre pressure i noticed that the tyre i had fitted a few months back is different size to the rest of the tyres. The other 3 are 165/65 R14 whereas the new one is a 175/65 R14. I don\'t really know too much about tyre sizes but i\'m pretty sure the first figure indicates the width of the tyre so i have wider tyre on the front drivers side than the rest. Question is, is this going to do any harm to the car? I.e suspension, diff etc. And should i take the car back the rapid fit place i had it done and have it changed?
Wrong Tyre Size fitted - RogerL
Since you clearly have different size tyres fitted to the same axle, yuo're committing an offence and your car won't pass an Mot. Take your car back to the tyre dealer and sort it.
Wrong Tyre Size fitted - StuW
Since you clearly have different size tyres fitted to the same
axle, yuo're committing an offence and your car won't pass an
Mot. Take your car back to the tyre dealer and sort
it.

Oh dear only thought you couldn't mix radial and cross ply, must admit i didn't think it could be an offence. Thanks for the info!
Luckily i have found the recipt from the place i got it done at and the recipt even says 175/65 so its not like they just picked up the wrong size from the shelf. I'm sure its just a simple mistake that anybody could make but will it have done any damage to the car because i've done a fair few miles having it done?
Wrong Tyre Size fitted - Aprilia
Well, if on a driven wheel the diff will have been doing a bit more work that usual! - but you should be OK.