Citroen Picasso Pedal Peril - Paul Clark
I have an 18 month old Picasso which seems to have developed an alarming problem with its pedals.
Under heavy braking the pedals feel as if they all move en masse down toward the floor. If I have the clutch pedal pressed fully down at the same time then it can actually become jammed against the carpet when easing off on the brakes. This has happened three times now and the pedal needs a good tug to release it.
Any ideas about why the pedals should move in this way? Any one else have the same trouble?
Citroen Picasso Pedal Peril - Dan J
Would love to offer some explanation here but I'm not a Picasso owner and short of suggesting the mounting bracket is bent or loose I wouldn't know what would cause this.

What I will say, and from my reaction from reading your post, is get the thing to a dealer as soon as possible. Sooner if fact. It may be absolutely nothing to worry about, but I wouldn't like you to find that it was on a motorway or busy precinct when you suddenly needed those brakes very urgently.

Post back how you get on!
Citroen Picasso Pedal Peril - Robert J.
Paul, there was a recall last year for the Picasso. It was something to do with the brake pedal, but I didn't pay much attention when I took ours in so I cannot be more precise. Has yours slipped through the net ?
Citroen Picasso Pedal Peril - teabelly
A recall do to with picasso brakes is here:
www.via.gov.uk/apps/recalls/searches/expand.asp?un...4
teabelly
Citroen Picasso Pedal Peril - Ben79
My Dad's Picasso does not do the same.

I would go to the dealer as soon as possible as there was a recall for a brake pedal problem around a year ago.

Ring the dealer as soon as possible.

Ben
On my 3rd Citroen. Saxo, Xsara, C5.
Citroen Picasso Pedal Peril - Alf
Same thing happened to me on my Pic HDi, simple solution was to move the mat well back up against the underseat draw. Problem solved.

Regards,

AlanFC
Citroen Picasso Pedal Peril - Steve Pearce
Same thing happened to me on my Pic HDi, simple
solution was to move the mat well back up against the
underseat draw. Problem solved.

I'm with Alf on this one, I had exactly the same experience on my Pic too.