Carlton Lights - BobbyDazzler
Hello everyone,

When returning to the car the other day i noticed that the passenger side rear sidelight was lit along with the corresponding headldight.

Although i've seen this on other parked cars i've never actually owned one that has this 'feature' (?)

Thing is....it doesn't always do this (only the second time i've noticed it, first time i put down to bright sunshine!)

The engine was not running but the ignition key was in (turned off).

Should it do this? if so what could possibly cause it to only happen intermittently?

If this is an obvious question please excuse my ignorance.

Thanks in advance
Regards to all
Bob
Carlton Lights - DavidHM
Leaving the indictaor on while parking perhaps?
Carlton Lights - SpamCan61 {P}
Yes it should do this : assuming the indicator stalk has been set to left or right after the ignition keys have been removed. It seems most if not all German designed cars do it; certainly all recent Vauxhalls I've owned do it.
Carlton Lights - outkast
Yes there called "parking lights"and work when indicator is left on with ignition swiched off.
Thanks everybody....couple of questions though....

Does this feature \'time out\' after a certain period or is it constant until the next start? if so won\'t it drain the battery if left overnight for instance?

Thanks again

Regards
Bob
Incidentally Outkast....you ever get that ABS sorted m8?

Bob
Carlton Lights - outkast
I took it to the garage this morning (been raining since the weekend so couldnt be bothered myself).They rang to tell me that it does'nt have a socket to read the abs faults so he can't do it.(I could have told him that)
So now i'll have to take wheels off at the weekend and check the sensors myself,so much for garages.
useful link for vauxhall abs reading and testing is;
www.topbuzz1.carenthusiasts.co.uk/maintenance/test...s.
htm

lots of info and fault codes and how to read them.
Carlton Lights - Altea Ego
Thanks everybody....couple of questions though....
Does this feature \'time out\' after a certain period or is
it constant until the next start? if so won\'t it drain
the battery if left overnight for instance?
Thanks again

what are sidelamps? 5 watt bulbs front and rear?, 10 watts total, 800 miliamps, from a 40 amphr battery - Bout 50 hours
Carlton Lights - Dynamic Dave
Does this feature 'time out' after a certain period....

No it won't time out. As mentioned previously, this is a parking light feature, so you wouldn't really want it to time out.

Just rememeber to return your indicator stalk to the off position before leaving the car.

Carlton Lights - Clanger
A reminder that lighting up only one side of your car is illegal in this country I believe.

H.
-----------------------------
Stranger in a strange land
Carlton Lights - rileyrm
Just a note,on new Vauxhalls the "lights on buzzer" sounds if door opens with indicator in "parking light position".
John