Shogun discs - tpac
Got my new 01 plate Shogun 3.2 Ddi at last, and what a great machine it is too, if anyone wants any info on them please just ask, but I can tell you now, it is much much better than the previous shape in my opinion.
Anyhow, after about a week, I consult the Mitsy dealer over a few niggly bits which we all suffer after buying a used car (dont we?) and they were more than happy (as usual) to get the car in and put it right for me. One of the complaints was a very slight brake shudder at high speeds (braking from 70mph), they inform me (after initial inspection) that they want it back to skim the discs next week. So it is going in, now after reading a previous thread I am a little concerned about getting this job done, should it not have new discs? I did ask this at the time and they said that Mitsubishi insist the discs are skimmed first before replacement, they said this is what they have to do for warrenty reasons (would not have thought discs were covered under warrenty).
I then went onto ask about the change of pads at the same time, the service receptionist said that they would only replace the pads if they were low, now I would have thought they would have to be changed?? They then stated that if the pads had to be changed cos they were low, I would have to pay for the pads as it's a servicable item, I accept that, but surely if the car is new to me from the dealer and has low pads..... is the ball not in their court to foot the bill?? This was just the service receptionist that stated this, If I kicked up I guess a manager may say different?
Few questions for you?
Thanks!
Shogun discs - sean
Hi tsg.

I suppose you bought it as seen, tested, tried and approved etc.

Yes, the pads and discs are a service item and...and...

BUT.

You have just spent a boatload of money there, buying an absolute crumper of a vehicle. They owe you a bit of customer service IMHO.

If the discs are worn and skimmed, the same as I wrote in the other post applies. BE UNDER NO MISAPPREHENSION, YOU NEED NEW PADS. Sorry for shouting, it's just that the pads take up the equal and opposite impression of the disc. Both wear together now that asbestos has gone from pads.

So, a grooved disc = grooved pads.

Skim disc and reuse with grooved pads = grooved (thinner) disc again.

Plus, your brakes are a bit more important with such a big vehicle. After 1 week they're not really helping you, you know.

I hope you got a deal that has left them weeping.

Good luck, my friend.