Omega V6 Owners. Are you Overheating? - rileyrm
In this hot weather,my V6 temperature creeps up to near the red line in heavy traffic,fan cuts in OK, any one have similar occurances.In normal weather no trouble at all.Thinking of fitting a manual switch to put both fans on earlier.

John
Omega V6 Owners. Are you Overheating? - big davey
Vauxhalls do tend to get very close to the red before the fan cuts in, if its only while standing its not a problem as long as when the fan cuts in you see the gauge start to drop.
Omega V6 Owners. Are you Overheating? - rileyrm
Thanks Dave,
John
Omega V6 Owners. Are you Overheating? - smokie
I sat in a queue trying to get out of the Goodwood Festival of Speed in my R reg Omega MV6 on Saturday afternoon for 90 minutes. Unbelievable.

I had the aircon running (it was HOT!) and was not moving at all. The temp needle usually settles just below the mid point (90 I think) and only crept just over the mid point in the whole wait.
Omega V6 Owners. Are you Overheating? - Victorbox
My Cavalier's fan cuts in at exactly 90 degrees on the gauge (one notch below the red) and it keeps cutting in and out as necessary if you are not moving, thus keeping the temp at about 90 or just below. I once had it doing this for over 2 hours in a jam on the A30 with no ill effects.
Checked the dial today, mid point is 95 not 90 as previously stated. That's where it sits.
And there was this post recently about Omega cooling fans - might be of use. (Bob is in Taiwan!)

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?v=i&t=14...0

Omega V6 Owners. Are you Overheating? - SpamCan61 {P}
My 2.5 V6 generally sits around 92 indicated; during the hot weather over the last few days it has crept up to 95 on occasions. Peaked at 97 going home Tuesday; but I was in pre -MOT 'italian tune-up' mode; so hardly surprising it was running a little hotter. All these temperatures are with air-con on; as I hardly ever switch it off.
Omega V6 Owners. Are you Overheating? - Bob Chen
Hi Smokie,

I've done my first step --- had my thermostat replaced with a lower temp. (82C)

Take a look if you are interested: de.geocities.com/sumei6614/thermostat/replace.htm
Pages are still in Chinese. sorry....
Well done Bob. Some of the pics have familiar pieces in them, but remember I don't have mechanical skills! (And my Chinese is a little rusty too!)
Omega V6 Owners. Are you Overheating? - Ian J
Keep an eye on your temperature guage - what you are seeing may be an early warning of a future problem. Mine sits around 92.5; it can go to 95 and then the cooling fan kicks in and brings it down. Look at the handbook I think it gives some guidance on what is acceptable.
Re early warnng this was the first indication that I had of an oil cooler problem - oil was getting into the coolant and blocking the radiator. You could check this by looking in the coolant expansion tank.
Kind Regards
Ian
Omega V6 Owners. Are you Overheating? - multi
I wouldnt worry about it so long as the fans kicks in as i have an omega 3.0 and the gauge reads 101 before the fan kicks in then instantly it goes to 105 , or 107 with air con border line red mark . i had vauxhall check it and they said the voltage regulators on the dash are always playing up