Oil Changes - BMDUBYA
Advice please. About 6k miles ago, my car Rover 1994 218sld turbo (turbo diesel) went for an oil change at a national fast fit centre, I went to the same place today for an oil change and they have told me that they dont do oil changes for turbo diesel's because they dont have the correct oil! Well I have fished out my old invoice and I have been charged for QXR oil which I believe is Duckhams, cant find anything on the web, but can anyone answer the following please.

1) Would this oil be suitable for my car?
2) If not what damage could/has been done?
Oil Changes - David Lacey
What a lot of carp!

1) Yes, it\'s fine.

2) No damage whatsoever.

I suggest you take your custom elsewhere......
Oil Changes - sean
Don't worry.

No harm done yet.

QXR is made by Duckhams, and is GOOD oil.

It just doesn't possess the detergents that their GTD oil does.

If I were you, I'd change the oil now, for a proper diesel oil.

And the filter.

I use Shell Rimula, delivered to your door by Shell, for about £23 per 25 litre drum.

Absolute bliss in a drum.

Oil Changes - BMDUBYA
Thanks guys, I did in fact change the oil and filter yesterday by myself which was a first on this car, and quite pleased I was too.
Oil Changes - message for sean - BMDUBYA
sean thanks for your reasuring response to my question, but can you now tell me how/who you contact to get Shell to deliver your oil please? I now live in North Somerset.
Oil Changes - message for sean - sean
Yes mate,

www.shell.com

is the website, but Yellow Pages lists Shell oil uk under "fuel oil suppliers" or suchlike.

If you ring them, they'll connect you with the right team.

You order a minimum of about 25 litres, pay by credit card, and they deliver it where you like, anywhere in the UK.

Prices are REALLY CHEAP, even for a Yorkshireman.
Oil Changes - John S
BMDUBYA

There is a QXR Diesel oil available, in addition to 'normal' QXR. The normal stuff is probably OK, as most 'standard' oils are both petrol and diesel rated. Obviously, if they used the diesl specific version there is absolutely no problem.

Regards

John S