mondeo rattle - greenway2003
i have just purchased a mondeo mkII 1997 2.0 glx
the car has a rattle from the rear (was there before i replaced the exhaust) and has me baffled any ideas greatfully accepted.thanks
mondeo rattle - Hugo {P}
1. Remove anything from the car that is not bolted down ie spare wheel and jack etc.

2. Listen

3. Let us know the outcome

4. Good luck
mondeo rattle - Mudguts
I have a 1997 Mondeo 2.0 SI and I had exactly the same problem: A rattle from the rear of the car, or to be more acurate, a clanking.

I suspected that it was coming from the boot lid (hatchback), so I trapped a large peice of cloth over the lower edge as I closed the boot which I had to slam to get to latch down.

The rattle went away and this indicated that the boot was not as secure as it could have been.

Adjusting the position of the lock didn't cure the rattle so I fitted new rubber bumpers each side of the boot space as the old ones had hardened with time and now this cured the rattle.

I would take some time to find out exactly where it is coming from before you do this as it could be something else.

If you do replace the bumpers they only cost about £4. You will have to drill out or chisel off the old rubbers and re-rivet or bolt on the new ones

Let us know how you get on.
mondeo rattle - Galaxy
I have found that the rear seat belts can cause a rattle sometimes, depending upon how they are lying.

Try doing them up and see if the rattle goes away. It did for me!