watch owt four yor carrs lads - volvoman
Yesterday whilst waiting for Skodette outside her college I witnessed some odd behaviour and it set me thinking (dangerous). Anyway the caccess road to college car park resembles one of the southern stages of the Paris - Dakar Rally. Rough isn\'t the word! Now, each time I drive down it I make quite a lot of effort to avoid the numerous deep potholes to avoid damaging the tyres, steering, suspension etc. Anyway during my short wait I saw at least 8 mums leave the creche with their offspring and speed off down the track seemingly oblivious of the potholes and the costly damage they might be doing to their cars. The only guy I saw come and go during that time did exactly the same as me and carefully weaved between the potholes. Now I agree that this is hardly scientific and not much of a statistical sample either, is this yet another example of the difference in driving behaviour between the sexes in general ?
what out for your cars lads - volvoman
"caccess" - defn. a brand new adjective used to describe an access road the surface of which resembles the surface of Mars!
what out for your cars lads - Mark (RLBS)
Your second thread this week pointing out perceived inadequacies of women drivers - I can only assume that Mrs V. doesn't read the Backroom and that HF is not paying attention.
what out for your cars lads - Rob the Bus {P}
>>and that HF is not paying attention

Yes, where is HF? She's been worryingly quiet recently. Probably too busy polishing her halo... ;-)

Cheers

Rob
"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast."
Hi mark - co-incidentally Mrs V. came in as I was typing the post and read what I wrote. Being from E. Europe PC is an alien concept to her and she's happy to admit that men and women are different and each better at some things than others. For the record Mrs V. is a natural driver and, in that respect only, much more masculine than feminine.

Anyway, why don't we all do a test and observe (casually & without driving carelessly) how the drivers around cope with potholes etc. We see them all the time don't we and I don't think it'd be too difficult to make a mental note of how the woman in front dealt with the pothole as compared to the bloke behind her.
I'll wager that the blokes will tend to be more careful than the birds and as Teabelly says, maybe that's because men and women tend to see cars very differently. How many women wash and wax their beloved motors every Sunday ? HF's car has a layer of grime on it so thick it's starting to adversely affect its performance !

Oh and before anyone butts in and puts words into my mouth that doesn't mean I think all men are better drivers than all women or any other variation on that theme.

BTW Mark - I don't have anything to fear from HF (other than the odd lift home she forces me to endure ;-)) 'cos I'm in her good books big time!
what out for your cars lads - teabelly
I think it is more to do with the fact that most women tend to see cars as entirely functional items that should just get over potholed roads without any bother. They expect them to do so without anything breaking and I am sure that any suspension failures they do have would not be linked in their mind to crashing over pot holes. They would blame the car for not being well enough made.

It is either that or you and the other man are too weedy to keep the car on the road when barrelling over potholes at that speed ;-)

teabelly
what out for your cars lads - Dynamic Dave
Volvoman, bit confused by the thread title "what out for your cars lads" Shouldn't it be "watch out for your cars lads" ?
what out for your cars lads - teabelly
I thought it was a cryptic clue to begin with along the lines of 'get your 'what' out for your cars lads. The mind boggled.... chammy???
teabelly
what out for your cars lads - Gen
It's related to the fact the men are driving a car and the women are driving a 4x4. Something to do with feminism and liberation from emancipation so I am told.
Correct DD, it should have been Watch - HJ contacted me privately and asked me to check if you and Mark were paying attention. ;-) You've both passed with flying colours!
what out for your cars lads - Mark (RLBS)
I changed it for you Volvoman.
Tnhkas Mkra @