Why no Mazda6 in Supermarkets ? - mad_scientist

I test drove the Mazda6 a while ago and was very impressed with the car.

Its been out over a year now and I have only ever seen 1 or 2 basic trim 1.8 cars in the supermarkets, (I want a 2.0auto) and then only once or twice.

Does anyone know why the cars are not in the supermarkets yet... is Mazda deliberately restricting supply to keep the prices high ??

New avensis and accords I have seen at discount so why no 6 ?

Contacted quite a few brokers and importers and they all said it was impossible to get hold of the car.

Anyone seen any very good deals yet ?? I'm in the London area.

Why no Mazda6 in Supermarkets ? - Altea Ego
Limited discounts to fleet operators too, I fancied one of these but the lease company couldnt do a decent deal.
Why no Mazda6 in Supermarkets ? - Steve S
It's a bit new I suspect. The used ones are not around yet.

Nice looking alternative though, to the usual suspects at that price level.
Why no Mazda6 in Supermarkets ? - DavidHM
It's a good looking, good to drive alternative to mainstream cars - but in a sector where cars are overwhelmingly bought for business. There's no particular need to offer big discounts because of the image and Mazda's limited need to sell big numbers. The European market isn't especially favourable so there are no waves of imports either. On top of that, supermarkets mainly do deals for private buyers so they're not part of the target audience.

Mazda is owned by Ford and if they want to do volume, they have the Mondeo, at least in Europe. Meanwhile Mazda can make slightly more per car, although obviously not as much as BMW or probably even Volvo.
Why no Mazda6 in Supermarkets ? - Maurice
I have bought a new Mazda 6 from a dealer. I got a very good deal which was £1,300 off list price for 1.8 TS five door.
Why no Mazda6 in Supermarkets ? - fitz
DC Cook Direct have up to about £2400 off certain models. Try their website.
Why no Mazda6 in Supermarkets ? - eMBe {P}
mad_s: the first 3 replies seem to confirm your views, but then the next 3 (including HJ) seem to tell a different story. You said "Contacted quite a few brokers and importers and they all said it was impossible to get hold of the car." - Were any of these amongst those mentioned by the 3 positive replies?