Air Conditioning misting up after use - glowplug
My 405 estate gets very hot in the sun (all the windows I guess, started using sun blinds) and it takes a long time to get it cool again. The thing I don't understand is that after the car's been parked a while in the shade after using the AC the screen mists up just above the screen vents if I don't put the AC on. Is this normal or is it possible that some kind of drain is blocked. Do other cars do this?

Thanks.

Steve.
Air Conditioning misting up after use - AR-CoolC
Is it misting on the inside or the outside ??
Air Conditioning misting up after use - Clanger
My Citroen Synergie will mist up on the inside above the screen vents sometimes after using the air-con. I put it down to water droplets that had condensed on the evaporator burning off as the evaporator warmed up and then condensing on the cold windscreen. Not a big issue.

H.

Air Conditioning misting up after use - Altea Ego
My Citroen Synergie will mist up on the inside above the
screen vents sometimes after using the air-con. I put it down
to water droplets that had condensed on the evaporator burning off
as the evaporator warmed up and then condensing on the cold
windscreen. Not a big issue.

Ditto on the Luguna. somtimes also causes condensation on the outside as well, wipers wipe it away. Only a small area at the base
Air Conditioning misting up after use - Victorbox
Same on our Corsa. Inside not outside.
Air Conditioning misting up after use - Sheepy-by-the-Sea
I'm regularly wrong, but one explanation I read was that during normal use moisture freezes on the evaporator. On my car this moisture appears on the screen briefly when the fan first comes on then disappears after a few seconds when it refreezes - someone suggested to me that some sort of 'desiccator' in the aircon needed replacing - I think this is some sort of silica gel thing, but I've never bothered pursuing it.
Air Conditioning misting up after use - v8man
My Rover does this and some new Mondeos I have driven also. Clears up quickly enough when A/C put back on again.
Air Conditioning misting up after use - Dave N
As others have said, it's the condensed moisture on the evaporator condensing back out onto the screen. All that moisture that remains on the once cold evap has to go somewhere.

The dessicant another poster was talking about is used in the system itself to remove any moisture that's present in the gas, to stop it freezing in the system and blocking refrigerant flow. Normally it's only changed if the system is opened up, or has been left open to the atmosphere due to a leak in the system (if there's no gas in it, there must be air, which contains moisture).
Air Conditioning misting up after use - glowplug
Many thanks for all the replies. Sorry for the delay, been caught up with other things. The mist is on the inside, but having read the replies I now realise that everythings OK, I was just a bit worried - it's my first car with aircon.

Thanks again!

Steve.