Ford Sierra 1.6 Laser - james_60
Hi

Iam deciding whether to buy a car that i see at cutts of campden in Gloucestershire

its a Ford Sierra 1.6 Laser

I havent seen it yet i have only seen it advertised

What should i look out for and what do some jobs cost on a sierra

i dont know its mileage yet,

cutts dont seem to like replying to emails as i have sent numerous to them

Regards
J Stephenson
Ford Sierra 1.6 Laser - blank
James:

From the wisdom of HJ:
All are now getting old and tired and were never supposed to last 10 years-plus. Many have done huge mileages and the clocks may not be showing it.

You need to be really careful buying a car of this age! You are well into banger territory, so I would suggest you carefully digest Richard Hall's site, including the valutations section.
bangernomics.tripod.com

Andy

Ford Sierra 1.6 Laser - Alfafan {P}
Also,IIRC, the Laser was one of the special run-out models with a very basic spec. The 1.6 engine was pretty weak-kneed too.
Hi

If i was to buy a low mileaged one such as a 60 thousand miler would that be a good buy at £350 with full service history.

what features does this car have is it as basic as my fiesta pop plus (mk3)

Regards
J Stephenson

Ford Sierra 1.6 Laser - blank
James:

It really depends on the condition of the car in question. At this sort of age the mileage becomes (even) less important. It could be thoroughly rusty, have worn out brakes, clutch, tyres, engine, gearbox... but still have only 60k miles and fsh. Or it could be fine.

Have you visited the bangernomics site yet?

Andy
Hi

Yes i have visited bangernomics

the car in question is a G Reg

Regards J Stephenson
Ford Sierra 1.6 Laser - Mark (RLBS)
James,

I reckon you're better off with your Fiesta, but if you really want to get a bigger car than there are plenty of better cars around for the same or a little more money.

Sierras weren't much cop when they were new.

Where in the country are you ?

Mark.
Hi

i live in worcestershire

been to see the car today is a G reg as i said before buts its mileage is 99 thousand miles

it has extras such as sunroof radio cassete and rear wipe,

the cars body is non vg condition for its age/miles

i want a bigger car than a fiesta such as a newer sierra or a k plate mondeo

Regards
J Stephenson
Ford Sierra 1.6 Laser - Pugugly {P}
Well if you read Bangernomics - if its got 12 months ticket on it its on the button at £350.00 (i.e. mutiply cost of MoT by 12) Coming form a trader it will have a six month implied warranty under the new euro regs. At the end of the day at that level you pay your money and take your chances, as is well documented on this website I bought an M reg Cav with 81k for £500.00 but has cost the firm around another £150.00 to sort. No rust good sound motor and we could always flog it for what we paid in a year.
Ford Sierra 1.6 Laser - Dynamic Dave
James, if you haven't seen already, check the classifieds section. www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?f=5&t=13...5