Renault Clio Fuel Leak - chris_w
I was driving along today, went round a corner and my car lost power. The person behind flashed me and got out of his car to tell me that fuel was pouring from the underside of my car. I can't see where it's coming from and it only comes out when the engine is on.

The car is a 1998 Clio 1149cc (Not the newest shape). Can anyone tell me if there is a quick way to fix this or at least identify where it's coming from. There is no visible rust or any holes in the area where the fuel is coming from, could it be a loose connection somewhere?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Chris
Renault Clio Fuel Leak - johnmac
why dont you try reving engine while stationary and get someone to look underneath ?

Renault Clio Fuel Leak - chris_w
I've managed to find where the problem was now - the issue with not being able to see where it was coming from was there was so much fuel coming out that it could've come from anywhere.

It turned out to be a loose pipe from the fuel filter - need to try and keep it on somehow - think a bit of tape is the short term answer.

Cheers for the help anyway.
Renault Clio Fuel Leak - johnmac
think you should maybe get a serious clip or fastener im guessing it could be pretty nasty if it comes of again and theres a stray spark or cigarettte about.
Renault Clio Fuel Leak - Altea Ego
NO tape is not the answer. The petrol will quickly loosten the adhesive on the tape.
Renault Clio Fuel Leak - Rob
My 98' clio did the same,

I held the pipe back on with a small jubilee clip, dunno if this helps or if mine was the same pipe into the fuel filter....

:O) - Rob
Renault Clio Fuel Leak - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up)
Seen this a couple of times not just on Clios but Megane as well. Since Renault reinvented the fuel hose retainer it seems that if the ends are not pushed totally into place they can pop off. Answer is to make sure the hoses are really pushed home tight when changing the filter.
Andrew

Simplicate and add lightness!