NCD on a second Vehicle - marie keith
I currently have 9 years NCD on a private car and have recently bought a light van for business purposes. Am I able to use my NCD for both vehicles? After speaking to a number of companies and online quotes all seem to suggest I have to start again for the van! Any ideas?
NCD on a second Vehicle - sean
The honest, decent answer is No, you'll have to start afresh.

However, if you last insured with a different company with your car from the one you are now insured with, the devious would ask that company for a duplicate renewal notice, saying they had not been using a vehicle since, and then use that notice to get a new policy.

Ie Car insured with ABC co.
Get renewal notice.
Shop around and find DEF co is cheaper.
Buy insurance from DEF co.
Then get duplicate doc from ABC co
Use to buy new light van insurance

Very naughty, but I know it happens.
NCD on a second Vehicle - doug_523i
This sounds like a real insurance scam, it's the driver who has the no claim not the car. I accept you need an extra premium to cover the risk of theft/fire, but if you can only drive one car at a time then the no claim should be the same for both.
NCD on a second Vehicle - Peter D
A few companies will give you 30% against the second vehicle but only if they insure the first vehicle and some may not offer this as it a business vehicle. Peter
NCD on a second Vehicle - No Do$h
Try Liverpool Victoria www.liverpool-victoria.co.uk as I have just added a second vehicle, the first recently having been changed to business use. The second vehicle is to be used primarily by my fiancee (a named driver on my policy for car 1 but with no NCD of her own)

All of this has been disclosed and they have added car 2, with SMWBO as the main driver, for personal SDP cover with the same NCD as the main car/policy in my name. 70% protected NCD on both cars? That'll do me!

As with all insurance, these things tend to be done on a case by case basis. I have been insured with them for a while, but well worth a look.

No Dosh
NCD on a second Vehicle - No Do$h
Ought to add that I did once work for them, but no more. Am no longer connected in any way, shape or form.

ND
NCD on a second Vehicle - harry m
Ought to add that I did once work for them, but
no more. Am no longer connected in any way, shape
or form.
ND

when i had 2 cars in my name liverpool victoria gave me 60% NCD on my second car when i came to insure it.i have been with them for quite a few years also belong to the CSMA dont know if that made any difference.
NCD on a second Vehicle - Crombster
AXA matched our existing full NCB on our second car even though the other car was insured elsewhere.

NCD on a second Vehicle - Colin M
I thought it was a con when I had to insure two cars for myself last year. I had to start a new policy for the second car and was only offered a token introductory NCB. Although the two policies were therefore separate, if I'd had an accident in either car, I would have had to declare my claim and lose my NCB the following year.

As it's physically impossible to drive both cars at once and I don't have named drivers etc, I couldn't understand why an insurer couldn't just charge me for the highest risk of the two plus a bit for the total capital value of both cars.

NCD on a second Vehicle - Mark (RLBS II)
>>However, if you last insured with a different company ....

daft way to cost yourself an awful lot of money in the event of a serious accident.

Also illegal.