Citroen Xsara 2.0HDi Clutch Bearing - GeoPlay
I own a 3 year old Xsara 2.0HDi and according to HJ breakdown data the clutch release bearing fails at around 30,000 miles. I should be in Spain on a touring holiday when I reach this mileage so I am somewhat concerned. Has anybody experience of this failure or is the reported problem just on the very early examples of this engine/clutch combination on Citroen and Peugeot cars ?
Citroen Xsara 2.0HDi Clutch Bearing - Ben79
www.citroenpicasso.org.uk has many examples of people exceeding this mileage by far without problems.

Ben
Citroen Xsara 2.0HDi Clutch Bearing - Picasso Driver
No problems with my September 2000 Xara Picasso HDI after 44k.
Only thing to be replaced is two front tyres at 39k.

Don't know if Xara hatch and Picasso use the same clutch but seems likely.

Ps...First posting. I have been reading the backroom for some time but have not had anything to say...until now.

....PD
Citroen Xsara 2.0HDi Clutch Bearing - atina41
I own a Citroen Synergie with this clutch/engine combination. I bought it on 51k. In the last 6 months I have experienced sheer hell and need to take out a remortgage to pay for: 6 clutches, 2 fly wheels & 2 drive shafts. The vehicle is at present in the garage where it has been for the last 3 weeks awaiting a rebuild on the gearbox to see if this will solve the problem. Unfortunately it appears impossible to get the parts from Citroen UK, and there is no guarantee that this will solve the problem. Help from Citroen UK seems impossible to get with no one admitting there is any problem with this engine/clutch combination. Good luck if you appear to have got a good one!!